Forums Latest Members
  1. JohannesFact Jun 6, 2012

Truly thankful to have found this site ... and wish I'd read and followed the advice herein BEFORE I'd made my first eBuy ...

But I didn't, so this is in the nature of a post-mortem on a watch I have already bought. I couldn't find it in the Omega Vintage Watch database (warning sign). I bought it because I thought the two-tone patina was cool. Any expert insights are welcome. Have at it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290719848668?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_761wt_758Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Steve Jun 7, 2012

Our Vintage experts will gladly help you out. My first impression tells me that patina has been painted on ??.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 7, 2012

I'm not going to make a call but south America is a hornets nest

4. ulackfocus Jun 7, 2012

You couldn't find it because it's a 2882, not a 2662 as incorrectly described in the listing.

As Kyle said in the other thread and Ashley has said here, you're taking a BIG gamble buying from South America. I've NEVER had a good eBay transaction from there. Every watch has had an issue that that seller was deliberately dishonest about or flat out omitted it in the description. I simply stopped buying any eBay watch from that region along with a couple others (Ukraine, Vietnam). That might be authentic Omega parts but I can't tell you if Bienne ever put that combiination together. Considering the guy's feedback I would have run away.

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 7, 2012

I have had some luck from South America - have bought nice pieces from Mexico, Guatemala, Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay. Lots of crap I agree but a few gems.