My First 18K Speedmaster

Hello guys! I have finally found a BA145.022.69 locally. A pc that i can touch, hold and try it on before buying. Long story short, it now sits on my wrist.

The condition is pretty decent. Bezel has seen some serious action though. Always thought owners will be more careful with their 18K pcs. Caseback in nice condition and full 23 links bracelet!!!

How do we resize these bracelets? Cut the links? If so, definitely no go for me. Also, is the gold coloured dust cover also solid gold? Looks shiny and golden to me. 😀

So,p how can i not share my joy and end with some photos??? Enjoy my friends 20220303_152100.jpg 20220303_152436.jpg 20220303_153113.jpg 20220303_210633.jpg 20220303_152458.jpg 20220303_152723.jpg 20220303_153124.jpg Screenshot_20220304-011155_Gallery.jpg ...

Magnificent catch. Congrats!

I'm quite puzzled about these links and the apparent absence of either a screw or a pin on them...

Wow, I think that is a very nice watch that looks worn but infrequently. Other than the buckle I have no idea how to size other than pulling the links apart, removing a couple links and pressing back together. Not something I would do. Congrats!

Thanks guys.

No way to do that, the links do not have any slots/breaks/lines between them that will spread open. Hopefully someone with the knowhow can help.

Unfortunately any adjustment to the bracelet/links (beside small adjustments using the buckle) has to be done by a jeweler...

GREAT find on your BA though, it's a looker! My #40 says hello.

Then it's a no go for me. I do not want to shorten the bracelet permanently. Most likely will buy a strap and gold buckle to wear it and store the bracelet.

Your watch looks gorgeous as well! The bezel is amazingly minty. I want one of those! Btw number 40 sounds so familiar. Was it mentioned in some write ups?

The links were pressed together side by side onto knurled pins. It would be a bear to separate this way to take out a link or two and then pressed together again, but could be done. Look up Rolex bracelet restoration to see how they are repaired. I find it crazy that there are no screwed links to remove. It's just a 1116 bracelet in gold versus stainless.

Actually the pin ends would be fluted not knurled. Upset straight lines parallel to the axis of the pins so they make an interference fit into the outer links.

Well, i supposed Omega was so confident that buyers of this watch will love it so much that they will never sell it and bracelet sizing should be permanent. 😀

They may be right and i most likely will never sell this watch. Just painful to permanently cut the bracelet. It's most likely a heirloom and my kids might have bigger wrist than me next time.

Anyone knows if Omega will sell me a 18K buckle and where can i find a leather strap with curved end to fit rounded part of watch case? Like those straps for POs.

Congrats, OP! Great achievement 👍

Could you post a shot of the face of the clasp? 😀

You would not cut anything. The links would be pulled apart. I did not want to pull apart a good bracelet but found this one BOR link section showing how they are made. Currently on ebay a seller out of Guam has the tools listed to do this if you were into repairing Rolex jubilee bracelets. It would be a way to size yours but links can split. But then again people spend big bucks to have their Rolex bracelets restored and that's how it is done. 20220303_152001.jpg

You would not cut anything. The links would be pulled apart. I did not want to pull apart a good bracelet but found this one BOR link section showing how they are made. Currently on ebay a seller out of Guam has the tools listed to do this if you were into repairing Rolex jubilee bracelets. It would be a way to size yours but links can split. But then again people spend big bucks to have their Rolex bracelets restored and that's how it is done. 20220303_152001.jpg

This is very good information my friend. Thank you!

But it is so detailed that most who understands this method will most likely walk away from it. Hahaha. Even myself is worried by it....

Cheers.

Congrats, OP! Great achievement 👍

Could you post a shot of the face of the clasp? 😀

Sure. 20220304_114007.jpg

I tried to measure the lug size in search of a leather strap. I do not have a vernier caliper but using a plastic ruler, it seems to sit between 19 and 20mm. Anyone knows the correct size?

Also, do you guys think a 16 or 18mm buckle will look nicer pls?

Just received the Extract. Delivered to The Channel Islands. Now i have added one more thing to my bucket list. Wear this watch back to Jersey & Guernesey!!!

Beautiful islands with an equally amazing watch. Screenshot_20220311-193026_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg jersey-about-category.jpg