Forums Latest Members

My Favorite Moonwatch Master Chronometer — The Omega Speedmaster Canopus 310.60.42.50.02.001

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jan 26, 2021

[​IMG]
    A few Tuesdays ago, Omega introduced its new Moonwatch Master Chronometer. The drop included the Speedmaster Canopus 310.60.42.50.02.001. 18-karat white gold is not new to Omega’s Speedmaster, but this specific Canopus alloy is. In this article, I take a closer look at the Speedmaster Canopus and explain why it’s my favorite new Moonwatch Master Chronometer. […]

Visit My Favorite Moonwatch Master Chronometer — The Omega Speedmaster Canopus 310.60.42.50.02.001 to read the full article.

2. cvalue13 Jan 26, 2021

I'm confused, I thought your article reaches a different conclusion: "In the end, though, I would still take my Speedmaster Moonshine gold watch.... And that’s a watch that had been my grail for a very long time. The Speedmaster Canopus did not change that."

In any event:

One difference I'm surprised to not see commented on: the Canopus polished silver handset over a light/silver dial background, vs. the Moonshine black (and black-accented) handset on the Moonshine.

As an owner of the Tokyo 2020 Panda with a dial design quite similar to the Canopus, I can say the Panda Tokyo is among Omega's many "special" Speedmasters to have traded legibility for a polished metal aesthetic. I can only assume the Canopus is the same.

But meanwhile, the Moonshine's furniture and handset appear far more legible.

On the other hand, the Canopus dial includes some lume whatsoever, while the Moonshine, well... relies on Moonshine :cool:

3. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 26, 2021

I guess you missed ‘new’ in the sentence which is exclusive of the ‘old’.

4. cvalue13 Jan 26, 2021

It's the "new" that is the confusing part - did you read the article?

The entire article, from first paragraph to last, is styled as a comparison "test" of the Canopus vs the Moonshine.

At least where I'm from, if a person titles their email "Cheryl is my new favorite girlfriend" it would be confusing for the email to conclude that Karen is their favorite wife. Even moreso if the person writing the email were a journalist...

rcb likes this.
  5. M'Bob Jan 29, 2021

I’m not confused. Just jealous...

cvalue13 likes this.