Forums Latest Members
  1. oscilloscope Jun 19, 2018

Hi All,

My dad has, for as long as I can remember, worn his yellow gold Seamaster on special occasions.

I asked him about the watch the other day (he's been wearing other watches lately) and he told me that it doesn't run anymore. I'm sure it just needs a service, but I'm a bit concerned about taking it to somewhere for him. I don't really know the value or if it should be handled differently due to the age of the watch (which I don't actually know).

I've attached a picture of the watch in it's somewhat sad state. I think it's a pretty cool little watch with a blue dial and a sub-second hand. Any insights would be most welcome.

Cheers,
    Dan

IMG_5866.jpeg

Edited Jun 19, 2018
  2. ulackfocus Jun 19, 2018

Sorry to break the news to you Dan, but that's a fake. :( I bet it has markings showing 18K on the outside of the caseback.

oscilloscope likes this.
  3. oscilloscope Jun 19, 2018

Well, that settles that. I'll just let it sit in the jewelry box.

4. ulackfocus Jun 19, 2018

5. oscilloscope Jun 19, 2018

thanks for the info. poor guy never knew it was a clunker (and I'll never break the news to him).

Edited Jun 19, 2018
    89-0 likes this.
  6. Dan S Jun 19, 2018

We had another thread like this recently, and the watch actually had a fully jeweled Swiss (A Schild) movement inside. So I guess the fakes weren't as bad back in the day.