Forums Latest Members
  1. Davidt Apr 23, 2015

I would 100% recommend STS.

I'd also advise you to hang onto the watch for a few weeks and browse this forum to get some of the basics of vintage watches. You may well decide to refinish the case (personally I wouldnt), and change a few items such as hands (I wouldnt), crystal (I would), pushers (I would) and crown (hmm, maybe).

The thing to understand is that if you decide to refinish the case or have the dial touched up, this kind of work cannot be undone and the last thing you want is to rush into the work, only to really get into vintage watches at a later date and really regret your decision.

For your watch I think the perfect balance would be a new crown, pushers, gaskets, crystal and movement service. This should make it reasonably splash proof. However, I'd keep the case, dial and hands as is as these are the heart of the watch and make it unique.

Great piece by the way!

Jollyswagman83 likes this.
  2. Paedipod Apr 23, 2015

before
    IMG_2122-1.JPG
    after
    IMG_2342 copy.jpg

3. TexOmega Apr 23, 2015

Very nice not only being a 1st gen flightmaster, but being your fathers' watch.
    So sorry it has not aged to a luscious chocolate.:)

Mine says "hi"

before:
    DSC03275 (Copy).JPG

after: new crystal will make it POP

Back from service (Copy).JPG

Edited Apr 23, 2015
  4. Jollyswagman83 Apr 24, 2015

They both look stunning. I may have to keep the watch for myself

5. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Apr 24, 2015

Search around, you will be able to find one on ebay (ask questions here before you buy) and then preto you and your father can have matching watches!

6. Jollyswagman83 Apr 24, 2015

That would be great. Maybe I should do that. I fear that vintage watches may become addictive.

7. fc2 Apr 25, 2015

This is what you should do. I have a flightmaster that is currently getting a new dial, hands, pushers, crowns and bezel but that is only because it didn't have any of those items on it. DO NOT POLISH THE CASE, PLEASE.