Forums Latest Members

My fathers 1960's Omega Chronostop (blue face) repair needed

1. sperera Dec 16, 2019

Hi all....new in the forum....forgive the obvious, annoying question......my father has this cool Omega Chronostop which he's had since the 60s and it works fine but the chronograph (red ticker) doesn't....this is a pic of the watch in question from the internet (as I don't have it in front of me)....its exactly like this, with the same strap.....a local watchmaker could not make it work so was wondering recommendations to get it working who to send it to......Im sorry but i posted the same thread in OPEN DISCUSSION perhaps that can be deleted....sorry for the inconvenience

home.jpg
  2. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Dec 16, 2019

3. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 16, 2019

Cool style !
    Where are you located?

sperera likes this.
  4. watch_nut Dec 16, 2019

It all depends where you are located. You need to bring it to a reputable watchmaker and probably have it serviced. This way the chronograph function will work and watch will be ready to wear for years to come.

sperera likes this.
  5. sperera Dec 16, 2019

Thanks for the replies......Gibraltar is my location! So I guess somewhere in southern Spain or even London as my eldest son is in University there,.....and yes....I have double posted this by mistake haha forgive me.....

6. tyrantlizardrex Dec 16, 2019

Hi @sperera,

If you're heading to London Swiss Time Services, Simon Freese Watchmakers (both Essex), and Harris Horology (South London) all do great work.

sperera and UncleBuck like this.
  7. sperera Dec 17, 2019

thanks a lot for the response from everyone...very kind!