Forums Latest Members
  1. bbimmer Aug 15, 2017

I literally got this 105.003-63 for free. It did not have a bezel and it had a later 110.12 bracelet with a 524 end link. I got the watch serviced and they found a later non DON bezel for me, and replaced a few parts including a pusher I believe with OEM. I found after much searching another 524 end link so I could use the band. I am not sure but I don't think the hands are correct. I absolutely love the watch, but would like replace the bezel with a DON sometime, and of course would like to find a correct 7912 band with 6 end links. I know these original pieces will cost a pretty penny.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. cell1010 Aug 15, 2017

The watch looks really nice from where I'm sitting. Don't bother too much about the imperfections. And you're probably right about your pretty penny. For a nice bracelet incl. end links and the DON in good shape I'd say you've to spent €5.5k-€6...

bbimmer likes this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 15, 2017

For free you say?

bbimmer likes this.
  4. rcs914 Aug 15, 2017

Some people have all the luck.

Seaborg and bbimmer like this.
  5. JimJupiter Aug 15, 2017

For free? Damn, my 799€ Ed seems expensive now

bazamu and bbimmer like this.
  6. bbimmer Aug 15, 2017

Acquired it for free, yes. Paid for the service, bezel and end link.

marco, JimJupiter and oddboy like this.
  7. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 15, 2017

Super luck! Great score.

bbimmer likes this.
  8. ryanbk Aug 15, 2017

You scored didn't you... [emoji4][emoji106] Before anything I would opt to source a correct set of hands. That would make quite a difference imho.

richardew and bbimmer like this.
  9. bbimmer Aug 15, 2017

What do you think I should expect to pay and what description/part numbers would I look for? Thanks.

10. herold Aug 15, 2017

:thumbsup:

Killer watch!

11. ryanbk Aug 15, 2017

Service hands can be sourced pretty easily through your watch maker or via eBay etc. They will be correct as to shape and size but will have a different colour and will glow vividly and differently compared to the hour markers on the dial due to the super lumina filling. Some therefor choose to have the luminous material removed and have their watch maker relume the hands with a colour matching lume. Results can be very good and that is one option which may suit you depending on the depth of your wallet and how you feel about this "non-vintage" solution. Don't know the reference numbers, sorry. Cost - less than the option below....
    Alternatively correct vintage ones do appear from time to time on various sales platforms but most likely you will need patience and luck. Price wise I'm thinking around $750-1000. Money well spent I believe.
    Best of luck.

Silver Bullet likes this.
  12. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 15, 2017

So you're not going to tell us how you got it for free? Come on, man!

bbimmer likes this.
  13. bbimmer Aug 15, 2017

I had bought these hands on eBay about a year ago. They were sold as Speedmaster 321 hands which I know is the calibre of the watch. I was discouraged by dome because they would look too new. Do these look like the correct hands? Should I change them? image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    Edited Aug 15, 2017
  14. bbimmer Aug 15, 2017

Estate sale where I expressed interest. I knew nothing about it at the time. I suspected it was missing a bezel but wasn't positive. Pusher didn't reset the hands. The bracelet was broken, missing an end link. They gave me the "broken" watch. I was ecstatic when I started to do research and stumbled upon this site and began to educate myself. Then I got it serviced and spent some money.

Etp095, Jones in LA and JimJupiter like this.
  15. Davidt Aug 15, 2017

Those hands look wrong. Possibly mk? hands? Hard to tell from that picture.

A decent watchmaker should be able to source a correct set of service hands and age them to match your dial.

Etp095 and oddboy like this.