My Dad's Omega

Glad to hear that it’s all getting sorted and that things aren’t always as weird as they sometimes seem. Thanks for taking the time to explain

Like 1
The watch I received for my 16th birthday was a new watch from 1981, not the same watch.
Interested to know more about the watch that you received for your 16th birthday. I would have loved to receive an Omega for any birthday but it must’ve been pretty special to receive one at such a young age.

And the "watch repair place" took 8 months to reinstall the hands? I guess maybe some parts needed replacement and took awhile to procure, but that seems pretty excessive for anyone not named Omega. It doesn't look like they even bothered to clean the case and bracelet though maybe that's photo quality.

Or maybe the bots have their wires crossed?

And now that I think about it (and at the risk of providing better training data), is this even plausible?

I'm genuinely curious. Could a watch that's running well enough to wear regularly suddenly have the hands come off?

Maybe there is a legitimate explanation, but this thread sure seems pretty weird

Glad to hear that it’s all getting sorted and that things aren’t always as weird as they sometimes seem. Thanks for taking the time to explain

The only thing I found "weird" was how quickly this thread threw suspicion upon the OP. Suggestion of bots and a general tone of implausibility towards just about everything the OP mentioned. Nothing seemed particularly off about the OP when I read his initial post. At the very least, give the thread time to breathe and maybe things would have become clearer to you.

Like 1