Forums Latest Members

My constellation just arrived! tips for watch setting, correct usage and safe keep are welcome!

1. polbrr Jul 30, 2013

Hello all,

My Omega Constellation 561 automatic chronometer just came in, can you help?

- how to "start" using it? And how does the crown work for time & date setting?
    - how to keep it as I am not going to wear the watch daily?

Thanks,

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 30, 2013

Wind it 40 turns before putting it on (you do this with the crown in the "in" position). Then pull the crown out to set the time and date. Then push it back in, put it on your wrist, and enjoy.

Varasc likes this.
  3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 30, 2013

No more help until you post photos
    ::cool::

Hijak likes this.
  4. ulackfocus Jul 30, 2013

Bingo.

5. polbrr Jul 31, 2013

This is the watch: [​IMG]

6. polbrr Jul 31, 2013

This is the watch: [​IMG]

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 31, 2013

Q1 - Just put it on your wrist and use your phone for telling the time.
    Q2 - Send it to me and I'll keep it for you.

8. polbrr Jul 31, 2013

Now I am very tempted to give an off-topic reply.
    But I will try to just refrain and apologize if I somehow bothered with this "innocent" query.

Closed thread as far as i am concerned.

9. ulackfocus Jul 31, 2013

No pictures = no help. :(

10. Mothra Jul 31, 2013

Polbr, we just want to see the watch (so the rules mandate photos!) and neither of your uploads have worked. Did you try uploading photos to the site by clicking on the camera button near the post reply button?

11. mbeast Jul 31, 2013

Pretty much as above. The 561 isn't a quick-set movement so you'll have to advance the date by turning the hands a full 24 hours. You may be able to do it by turning the hands past midnight to about 2 and then turning them back to about 9 and repeating. I'm not personally a fan of this method though; none of the watches I've had seem to like having the hands go backwards.

Is the watch below the one you're referring to? If so, very nice :thumbsup:

$(KGrHqV,!lEFGo6GEG7nBR1HO72Pjw~~60_57.jpg

12. polbrr Aug 1, 2013

Thanks Mbeast,

Yes, that's the watch:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAU-OMEGA-C...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Tried to post pics but it seems I was not successful. Anyway I received it and it looks exactly as described and shown by the seller.

As I'm not going to wear it often, do you suggest just winding before wearing or somehow regularly?

Thanks for info.

13. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Aug 1, 2013

Very nice connie. :thumbsup:
    I only wind when I am going to wear mine. I know some guys who wind their watches every month even if they don't wear them. But my guess is that is does not matter.
    Enjoy your new watch!

citizenrich likes this.
  14. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 1, 2013

A) what is Godwin's law?
    B) can you show us how to haze properly!
    C) don't worry, we can take the piss/mickey as well as anyone else. Just catch us in the right mood.

15. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 1, 2013

Actually, I can't think of many/any threads that have lead to hitler. We usually get to squirrels!

16. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Aug 1, 2013

Sometimes we even discuss the merits or NOT of the CYCLOPS :oops:

[​IMG]

17. ulackfocus Aug 1, 2013

I can't recall any major discussion of Nazis or Hitler until this thread either. Godwin must not be a watch guy. When we hijack threads, it's with fishing, detective novels, and various non-watch subjects. It's gotten to the point where it's not considered a hijack if the thread stays talking about something watch related even if it's a completely different brand and style of watch.

A thread talking about the new date window shape of an ΩAT that morphs into a discussion of the Rolex cyclops merits or lack thereof is such an amateur hijack that the panel will not even recognize it.

Squirrels are decidedly NOT a hijack - they're an integral part of incoming threads. Could be the Dancing Squirrel for giddiness, could be the Hallelujah Squirrel for a nice acquisition, could be the Golden Squirrel of Distraction for a piece totally out of character and off the target list..... regardless, these bushy tailed rodents are here to stay.

18. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 1, 2013

Dont forget the instant noodle..........
    [​IMG]
    the obvious modern use of vintage 3 minutes marker subdial in chronograph. :p

19. ulackfocus Aug 1, 2013

:p And how could we forget the epic Kraft Dinner / Mac & Cheese hijack?

20. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 1, 2013

Well you guys made entire new thread for that..........:thumbsup: