Forums Latest Members
  1. strick9 Sep 7, 2018

Is it not a beauty Got it at a normal price on flea bay wanted one for a while Dude said he was a sailor in Hawaii and need it to sell it. With box and papers Cool Decent price under the normal by a few hundred dollars. So I jumped like a fool 2 hours later was informed this guy bailed from eBay but since I paid and he did not have any Feedback (duh me) if anything was wrong I was covered under buyer protection. The lord does protect fools well it shipped and it shipped from Hong Kong! yea ok. Is it not lovely? Turns out Some of the best fakes are :( Don't be a fool like me. See crown False back not correct bezel don't click box is cheap as hell, you never could told me leather could be made of cardboard. Be aware this looks so real if it had not have shipped from Hong Kong and in that cheap period wrong box it would have fooled me oh and the bracelet not right on this watch

20180907_184635[1].jpg 20180907_184706[1].jpg 20180907_185100[1].jpg 20180907_185126[1].jpg 20180907_185137[1].jpg
  2. queriver Sep 8, 2018

I sympathise, those damn fraudsters. Hope the buyer protection will cover you.

Here’s another experience as a warning to all: In June last year I purchased via WUS a bracelet for my Black Bay ETA to have a spare. The seller was from NYC and everything seemed to check out. Upon transacting, he sent me images of the shipping label and USPS customs declaration with his name, email and address, and I was able to track the shipment and see it came from NYC. It arrived, looked good, as described, and I was happy. 6 months later an email from someone else on WUS arrives who had also bought one from this seller. It alerted me, and a number of other buyers, that we had likely been sold replicas. I checked my WUS bracelet against my OEM and there were 2 or 3 differences but they were miniscule, i.e. not really visible to the naked eye. I took mine to the local RSC to get them to check it. On first inspection the service centre technician said it was OK and it was only after I pointed out the differences that he confirmed it was fake. That is how good the bracelet is and it was a real wake-up call about the quality of fakes being produced. The RSC technician told me they have people coming in nearly every day with similar queries and most of the time the answers are the same. Lesson learned but at about USD350 it was not painfully high. No buyer protection, unfortunately.

Here’s the kicker: the name given to me by the seller, and on his shipping label and customs declaration and email address, is a member of OF. He hasn’t been seen here since October last year and we don’t know whether someone stole his identity to sell these fakes.

strick9 likes this.
  3. albertob Sep 8, 2018

Sad story!

Fakes today are getting better and better. Some of them are so good that only through magnifiers you can notice it is not the real thing.

But, of course, true gents are expecting the counterpart to be on the same level and we expect honesty.

I’m very sorry for what happened, I hope that the buyer protection will help you!

Below a video I found that shows how good fakes are nowadays.

Alberto

4. jzzmusician Sep 8, 2018

Thanks for posting the video. I had no idea they were that good.

Jerseyhammer and albertob like this.
  5. larryganz The cable guy Sep 9, 2018

I hope eBay buyer protection kicks in and you’re covered.

I always worry about fakes. That’s why I paid more for my Tudor bracelet from an AD (Dan at Timeless Luxury Watches).

6. jaguar11 Sep 9, 2018

Fingers crossed for you regards your money. Worrying that these are getting so convincing.....

albertob likes this.
  7. Waltesefalcon Sep 10, 2018

Wow, that is an amazing fake. I'm sorry you got hornswaggled but hopefully by sharing this you will be helping some of the rest of us down the road.

8. many Sep 10, 2018

At one point I went down a rabbit hole where I watched/read maybe 15 videos/articles about high-quality fakes. I had to stop after I found myself staring at my submariner that I purchased at an AD with a loupe and a flashlight at 2AM wondering if it was fake.

albertob likes this.
  9. ICONO Sep 10, 2018

If you are afraid of being caught out by a fake…

This should really terrify you…

http://www.yukiwatch.com/index.html

By no means, the best of industrial scale fakers…sadly those skills, tend to revolve around the southern Italian peninsula

10. larryganz The cable guy Sep 10, 2018

Wow, that's incredible how close they get now. Without a 10x loupe and a real one side by side, the fake could be easily missed.

albertob likes this.
  11. Professor Sep 11, 2018

Reminds me of a case that was in the news decades ago. A elderly British gentleman was struggling to get by on a pension that he was convinced was ten pounds less than he deserved. He used his considerable skill to hand draw and paint one perfectly forged ten pound note every month. The notes were so perfect that when he was finally caught the government settled for having him continue to hand make one ten pound note per month which they then traded a real note for and placed all the fakes in a vault. There was an old law that any note that was accepted by the Bank Of England automatically became a legitimate note.

PS
    A friend mentioned that you could tell a fake Rolex by observing the sweep of the second hand, but I recently read that this is no longer always the case.
    Some of the movements now used in fakes have the same smooth sweep as the original.

larryganz likes this.
  12. asrnj77 Sep 11, 2018

Hard to see in your pic above pic but what initially stuck out to me was the lack of the painted tube and the huge crown.

image.jpg
  13. strick9 Sep 17, 2018

This is only second-time iv been scammed since 1996 both time watches this one has the blue and oversized crown and after I got it I had to send the return request and last week I got This
    (Message from seller: Attention: Correct return address: Mr. Mbalindou Jean Mari S/C Mr. NDOMONDJI André Evangelical Church Elim Bangui – M Poko BP 709 BANGUI CENTRAL AFRICAN REP. I am on a business trip in CENTRAL AFRICAN REP. .Please send to CENTRAL AFRICAN REP. , I will give you a refund when I receive it.thank you Please ship to the correct address quickly.After receiveing the item,i will arrange full refund.if i don t receive the goods,i will deny the request of the money.So please ship the item to the correct address i send you !!! If you don t return it to my current address, your credit score will drop, Or you can close the request.thank you .) I contacted eBay and told them ok I bought it from Hawaii it sent from Hong Kong and now They want it sent to the Congo. The lady said they felt it was a scammer refunded the money told me to keep the watch. if they scam another it won't be with this one

Tik-Tok of Oz likes this.
  14. monti Sep 17, 2018

Glad you got your money back. Lesson learned I guess :)