my aunt has a Broad Arrow Speedy, help needed

understood that this is a possible money pit @ndgal
first step was to get the watch and dial protected from further damage. next is determining if it's 2915-2 or 2915-1 and reaching out to LAWatchworks. I'll keep you all posted!

Like 2
understood that this is a possible money pit @ndgal
next is determining if it's 2915-2 or 2915-1 and reaching out to LAWatchworks. I'll keep you all posted!
Hey @goudaville I’m gonna PM you about this. I just had a vintage Speedmaster (861 caliber) serviced by them and I’ll just say that I think this might not be a candidate for them. If you want them to restore the case alone, then they’re your guys and they’re great at that. Don’t get me wrong they’re great guys and adept at servicing many watches, but the restoration of this more complicated movement might be more suited for a different watchmaker.
Edited:

Like 3
I will second the recommendation to bypass LA Watchworks. I have used them for case restoration but I question how expert they are in this Omega. I will side with those recommending your aunt sell this as is. This is a project that requires an expert owner or a least someone who will put in many hours researching the best sources for movement repair, dial repair and parts sourcing.

Like 1
I’d get a crystal installed and really take the time to decide what you want to do with this watch.

As noted above there are three main possibilities, sell as is, service and replace with current service items, full blown restoration. You don’t want to start down one path and regret it. The best thing to do here is take your time to decide what your ultimate goal is. The method of achieving that goal comes second.

Like 4
If I was the owner I'd sell as is and not consider any other option. This would be a very challenging and expensive restoration project for an advanced Speedmaster collector, never mind for somebody without the necessary knowledge and expertise to even know where to begin.

It's all well and good pointing to various watch makers but I think the OP could easily sink thousands of $ into this watch without increasing its value....and then he'd still need to sell it.

I think just way better to get it opened up, take some decent pictures and sell as is.
Edited:

Like 10
it's really hard to part ways or let go of an heirloom piece especially a watch of this reputation. i agree with the experts' suggestion to maybe sell it and share the precious piece to a serious collector or interested buy who may be willing to spend and restore to good working condition, and future preservation.

New crystal, repro-bezel and a service of the movement would be what I would have done.
...IF the son/your cousin shows a serious interest in the watch.

That said, I often put too much into sentimental value and nostalgia , so its probably not the most sensible advice:D

Like 1