Forums Latest Members
  1. sulaco Jul 25, 2014

i think i matched the color of the hands quite nicely ;)
    Now i have to wait until Aldo is back from vacation. :cautious:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 25, 2014

Love the dial patina, looks great!

3. cristos71 Jul 25, 2014

And wait..............and wait...............and wait....................and wait.....................and wait........................

I sent off a bezel for a 2913, when asking a couple of months later how work was progressing he told me he was waiting for a few more before starting on a batch run.

A month or so later I happened to find a nice 14755, but with a damaged and empty bezel. After a few weeks my watch guy had fixed the bezel which had been completely missing the steel extrusion for the luminous pip at 12 0 clock. He had managed to perfectly construct a new bit and micro weld it into place.

I then sent this one off to Italy and a couple of months after that received them both back together. I think it was about 5 months in total, but definitely worth the wait, I think he does an excellent job of it.

I think the moral here is if you want to get a bezel back quickly then try to keep buying more and more of them, post them all off and create your own batch for processing :D

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 25, 2014

Or just buy the ones with the original bezel intact - instant gratification! ;)

Gavin and JohnSteed like this.
  5. sulaco Jul 25, 2014

Yeah, right you are... just bash the ones that lost their bezels ... who cares.. these watches are so widespread we really can let a non perfect one pass whenever we want :mad:

JohnSteed likes this.
  6. JohnSteed Jul 25, 2014

::popcorn::
    Okay. Who is Aldo????

second time see this mention.

Spill it!!

:whistling:

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 25, 2014

Wears a red and white turtleneck and hat, remakes SM300 bezels with his white dog named Woof

JohnSteed likes this.
  8. sulaco Jul 26, 2014

He's a wizard and he is able to refill a bezel with his magic ingredients, he lives behind the mountains of Mordor, together
    with his little helpers and waits for poor collectors to send him their "Precious"
    Rumor is heard that a Seamonster lives in a lake by his house. :D

JohnSteed and ock2915 like this.
  9. sohail Jul 26, 2014

Lol.".."

10. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jul 27, 2014

do not forget: Aldo is a very good watchmaker. not only a bezel reconstructor. once I tried everything and all over the planet to find a part for anTutima WW2 german pilots chronograph. original UROFA calibre. no luck at all....... Aldo fixed the very complicated and broken multiwheel pinion. I was very impressed with that. kind regards. achim

JohnSteed and ock2915 like this.
  11. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 27, 2014

Ash's watchmaker down under can probably work wonders on mechanical movements Aldo can.