My 1000th post to say thanks and send holiday greetings

Hi all

It's taken me more than three years to get this far. It feels like I've only recently joined, still lots to learn. I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you, first of all, to the admins and mods running this forum, then all the members who share their knowledge, and especially those who were welcoming to me as newbie back then. THANK YOU!

Over these years I met new friends, mentors, influencers, enablers, fellow addicts, that make this hobby even more joyful. What's the point in owning watches if you can't share the passion with fellow enthusiast?! My collection wouldn't have grown that much if I didn't have the said members to regularly seek advice for, or who passed on some of their pieces, or pointed me to interesting listings. So my special thanks go to @MtV, @seekingseaquest , @cristos71 ,@Aludic ,@Rudi99 ,@LesXL , @perenowell .

With that I wish you all Happy Holidays and a healthy 2024 full of watch hunting luck.

Can't end this post without a watch picture. In this case, a very recent addition, which I managed to acquire with the kind and decisive advice by @cristos71 (Once it's on your wrist, you'll forget all about the price 馃榾).

Well, you've used your 1000th post in a much more memorable fashion than I did! The pleasure is all mine. Really love this forum and the enthusiasts inhabiting it.

Happy holidays to you as well, @iamvr and of course to everyone else here on the forum!

Happy holidays @iamvr , it has been a pleasure to meet you and to keep learning from you both in here and outside!

Glad you found OF! Happy Holidays! That IS a lovely Chronograph.

What am I chopped liver? I see how it goes. 馃榿

Glad to have met you, Buddy! Oh I know, I didn't buy that Seamaster, that's why! :whipped:

That is a very nice post AND a very nice watch !
Congrats & enjoy the end of the year too.

What am I chopped liver? I see how it goes. 馃榿

Glad to have met you, Buddy! Oh I know, I didn't buy that Seamaster, that's why! :whipped:

Shoot I knew I would forget someone 馃う or probably more. Of course I鈥榤 happy to have met you. But yes, you should have bought that SM 馃榿

Shoot I knew I would forget someone 馃う or probably more. Of course I鈥榤 happy to have met you. But yes, you should have bought that SM 馃榿

Just having fun, my friend! Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for starting this moment of reflection, @iamvr ! I've just crossed that threshold of a 1000 posts here myself as well. And with Christmas being a time for reflection, here goes...

When I joined OF, never would I have expected to meet so many strangers I can now consider friends. Friends I turn out to share many passions with, even beyond watches. This hobby has taken me to multiple great events in Biel, meeting new friends in places like Vienna, London, Zurich and the Porsche Museum, to name just a few. Also, it's gotten me to enjoy the 24hrs at N眉rburgring (thanks @MtV) , the passenger seat of a GT3 RS (wish I was driving!) and sharing lunch with someone who actually walked on the Moon (Charlie Duke).

Oh, and I'm now training to be a (humble hobby) watchmaker, taking courses every week. None of that would have happened without OF. Such an amazing community this is! Special thanks to the forum admins, as well as to @MtV, @cristos71, @Spacefruit, @140dave, @iamvr,@Alex Cheers,
@Scarecrow Boat, @blubarb, @MrFriday*, @Rudi99 and so many others.

Time to end this waaaay too long post with a wish. I wish you all quiet days with friends and the ones you love. Sit back, eat and drink a little too much (preferably Riesling!), think, just for one moment, of all the less fortunate ones, and count your blessings. On to a peaceful 2024 and Merry Christmas!
Edited: