Forums Latest Members

MWO (Moonwatch Only) Edition 3 ...

1. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 21, 2019

Reading the book I really enjoyed the "Plaisted Polar Expedition" Speedmaster story written by Omega Heritage manager Petros Protopapas...
    And the mention of the late Chuck Maddox Speedmaster fan at the end of the book!
    Also make sure to take a look at the actual cover of the book...
    ::book::
    MoonwatchOnly2019.jpg

Edited Nov 21, 2019
  2. M'Bob Nov 21, 2019

But if the glove don't fit?

eugeneandresson likes this.
  3. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 21, 2019

In Russia glove fits You... ::book::
    Seriously, there're no real sizes in Sokol gloves, although there's a smaller version available for female spacefarers...
    Most cosmonauts retain their space-flown spacesuit gloves as the only personalized component of their space mission. Personalized as his/hers initials are printed onto the inner wrist side of each glove. Each Sokol glove has its own unique GP7A or GP7S reference number.
    At some point in the early 1990s, the first spacesuit gloves came on auction and ended up in private collection or donated to an aviation museum.
    Nice to see some gloves in Moonwatch Only 3 ( on the Alaska Project pages in the Personalized Models & Special Projects of chapter 4 )

eugeneandresson likes this.
  4. RedMac Nov 21, 2019

I am looking at the cover for your hidden meaning, but the area of the Moon that they are showing is Mare Frigoris. The "Sea of Cold" is about 1000 miles north of the Apollo 11 landing site that the Moonglow gold 50th Anniversary Speedmaster is celebrating.

5. Martin_F Nov 21, 2019

I think he's showing the difference between the cover sleeve and actual cover of the book being two different watches.

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  6. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Nov 21, 2019

upload_2019-11-21_20-0-0.png

Lookin' forward ...

BatDad likes this.
  7. speedy4ever Moonwatch Only Author Nov 21, 2019

Dear all,

Really busy those days, just a small word to acknowledge our friend SpeedyPhill, who sourced most of the images and the legends of "Part 3. Astronauts and their Speedmasters". Thank you Phil.

8. 405 Nov 21, 2019

Placed my order Sunday and received shipping confirmation today already. Nice!

9. RedMac Nov 21, 2019

The cosmonauts knew enough to stash their gloves in their suit pockets before exiting the spacecraft. Otherwise, the ground support staff took them back to Star City. The US Astronauts learned about that long after the fact. Several astronauts who flew on Soyuz are trying to purchase their gloves out of Russia now with limited success. The cosmonauts kept a lot of material. They kept (keep) flown flight suits, flown T-shirts, polo shirts, etc. They also kept their Omega (Speedmaster and X-33) watches as well as their Fortis watches. I have both an Omega Speedy and an X-33 as well as a Fortis B42 Cosmonaut chronograph from some of the cosmonauts. They kept a lot of items, which I have purchased from them over the years.

10. gefmey Nov 21, 2019

::censored:: Doesn't seem like running through preorders first!

11. 405 Nov 21, 2019

I'm wondering if it is shipping by region and not pre order date? That may explain it. I am in Midwestern USA.

12. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 22, 2019

I believe European orders should have the books by Monday...

13. goggs Nov 22, 2019

Just got an email sating “shipped”.

14. sgrossma Nov 22, 2019

Anyone want to trade my Mark 1 moonbook for the newer Mark 3? :)

15. gefmey Nov 22, 2019

Today's email 'Shipped" ::psy::

BatDad and 405 like this.
  16. Omega-Q Nov 22, 2019

I got my email this morning as well..."shipped!" woohoo! ::bleh::

17. 405 Nov 26, 2019

I received my copy this morning. What an awesome publication! Haven't gotten a chance to look at it for more than a few minutes but the detail that goes into something like this is impressive.

The watchbook website showed my order as "shipped". But according to the USPS site it stated that only the label has been created and it was waiting to ship. So it was a surprise when it showed up today.

IMG_20191126_115441.jpg
    Martin_F likes this.
  18. Denarius Nov 27, 2019

Really thinking about buying a hard copy of this book, I'm in the UK and have seen some wild prices, anyone know where the best deals are??

Also I was thinking about the e.MoonWatch Only book as that is £25.99 on Apple books, this would cross over on my MacBook and iPhone and be great to have on the move, anyone here have the digital version and if so what do you think of it?

19. Martin_F Nov 27, 2019

I was pretty disappointed in the digital version, but maybe I was expecting too much. I don't own the book, so not sure how much more is in it.

As far as the new edition of the book, I placed a pre-order on amazon.de
    The price is currently less than on the official store, and they offer pre-order price guarantee.
    Only downside is that it won't ship until the end of January.

EDIT: looks like amazon.co.uk sells them for £220 while the official price is £213.62 so not a good deal for you in the UK.

20. Wooden_spoon Nov 27, 2019

wow steep price for a book, even a beautiful large one. But I suppose it is an investment that could really pay off in the end?