Forums Latest Members
  1. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe May 17, 2014

I'm looking at acquiring another Constellation and, through this forum, I've become aware that there is some sacred alignment of the letters M, O & Y on the face of a Connie which helps to tell if its original or redial. Could someone please tell me how this works as I'm going looking at a very nice rose gold '57 tomorrow and I don't want to make a horrible mistake.

2. Dablitzer May 17, 2014

It does sometimes depend on the model. Not all follow the same rules. Other members will chime in soon.. I wish you good luck! :thumbsup:

3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 17, 2014

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 17, 2014

To be certain, you're going to have to post nice photos of the dial and then ask that question again.

5. Dablitzer May 17, 2014

Well found Stuart. That's what I was looking for!

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 17, 2014

And if you don't mind my saying, maybe you shouldn't jump into this purchase if you are asking this basic question?

7. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe May 17, 2014

My timepieces up till now have centered around pocket watches and other older hardware, these movements do not have faces which can be refinished as they are enamel, so I've a bit of learning to do there. I'll have no problem working out the condition of the movement or if the case has been reworked, I've been researching into Omega dials and the MOY test on an Omega face is just one more item to check.

Got my loop and going shopping, wish me luck.

8. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 18, 2014

You haven't "bookmarked" Desmond's site? :eek:

Dablitzer likes this.
  9. Dablitzer May 18, 2014

It's practically engraved in my subconscious! I am always learning....and I guess even Desmond had to start somewhere! ::book::

10. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe May 18, 2014

Well I went to view said timepiece today, lovely dial, original two tone, all the nicest touches you'd expect on a Constellation, waffle pattern, cross hairs, gold markers.

And a case polished so heavily that half the stars and all the details were missing from the medallion.... seriously, if the case back were polished any thinner it would have been a screen!

Oh well... we keep looking......