Forums Latest Members
  1. Dave london Mar 3, 2019

Hi, I have a seamaster quartz with day date. I think it needs a circuit board or a new movement .It's a 1345.
    Would anyone know if there's another movement that fits as I can't find parts for a 1345.
    Kind regards Dave

2. Dave london Mar 4, 2019

Hi do people use this section?

3. ChrisN Mar 4, 2019

Is this the question you refer to on your other post?

The 1340-1345 calibres are a bit odd in the way that you set them so, I don't know of any other quartz calibre that will fit as a replacement.

Are you sure it needs a circuit board? What does your watchmaker say as they should be able to test it. I'm sure I could find a board for this calibre.

Cheers, Chris

4. MRC Mar 4, 2019

Wish I had come across your name before my Cal 1342 went for a very expensive holiday in Switzerland!

5. Dave london Mar 5, 2019

Hi Chris, I've looked at the pcb and it's in a very poor state, previously been badly soldered and corrosion across the movement. The cost of repairs would outweigh the cost of the watch. Ive removed the pcb which was surprisingly easy.
    If you think you could find a board and it's within the forum rules I would be grateful and happy to pay.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 5, 2019

The electronic module (circuit) is available from Omega, but it is a recycled module and available only on an exchange basis as they refurbish them. If you can find a watchmaker with an Omega parts account, they can service the watch and get the recycled module.

Note that if there really is "corrosion across the movement" then you will need much more than just the electronic module. In any case the mechanical portion of the movement should likely be serviced, because without doing so the current draw is likely going to be too much, and battery life will not be satisfactory.

Cheers, Al

7. Dave london Mar 5, 2019

Hi al, my mistake. The corrosion is on the pcb not the movement. I will contact a local watch maker to try and order the part. As i want to fit it myself they may be a surcharge.
    Thanks for the speedy reply.
    Cheers Dave

8. 007007007 Mar 5, 2019

I wish I could offer some assistance with your watch. But I know very little about it.

Good luck

Steve88M3 likes this.
  9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 6, 2019

10. Dave london Mar 6, 2019

Hi, thanks very much. I've made an offer. It looks slightly different from my one. My one hasn't got the same large white piece. But the rest looks the same.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Kind regards Dave