Forums Latest Members

Movement pusher activator (Speedmaster)

1. BatDad Jun 15, 2019

I’ve recently put a mitsu dual in a straight lug case. Homage to @ext1 ST1.

Mostly okay / but I can’t seem to get both the chrono start and reset buttons to play ball.

When the movement is out of the case both buttons work as expected. But when in the case the only way I can get it to fit is to activate the reset chrono as I insert.

Watch runs fine - but now the chrono start button starts fine but resets instead of stop. My conjecture is that this is because the reset button is continually half depressed.

Looking at the movement it appears that the reset activator in the movement is much further out than the start stop activator. See arrows in image.

My question - can the depth of the chrono reset movement activator be adjusted by a screw turn?

(Also what’s the correct term for chrono rest movement activator? :))

Thanks
    C

733471B7-5434-4FBA-9DE0-7CF4193B1A92.jpeg 7527A5DC-2F19-4C98-9C5D-2FFC14ACFF8D.jpeg image.jpg
    WYO_Watch likes this.
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 15, 2019

Yes.

No.

Pusher stem for zero action, and they come in different lengths for different cases. You can't just flip movements from one case to another like this and always expect them to work...

Cheers, Al

ext1 and BatDad like this.
  3. BatDad Jun 15, 2019

Thanks @Archer as always I appreciate your guidance!!

4. redzer007 Jul 8, 2019

Did you only dial swap the dial/hands ? I'm about to mod a FOIS, and I'm working from the assumption that any speedy pro dial with feet for an 861/1861 should be a straight swap. What about the mod is impacting the pushers? Thanks for the info.

5. BatDad Jul 8, 2019

The thing to clarify - the movement I have isn’t a FOIS.

Haven’t pulled an extract but I think it’s likely to be a 3590 or 3570 from the 90s

I tried the swap in both a 002 and 003 case and in both, the pusher stem for zero action was too high with the case pusher.

The only way I could get it to fit was to depress the zero action slightly upon insertion.

At the moment I’m building up my confidence to replace this part with a shorter length one, as opposed to trimming the pusher stem.

So as Al mentioned above - this was not a straight swap. With a FOIS - YMMV. Let us know?

redzer007 likes this.
  6. redzer007 Jul 8, 2019

Thanks for the info, I'll let you know how I get on, my donor is a complete FOIS, all parts being swapped will be retained if I want to change it back in the future

BatDad likes this.