Forums Latest Members
  1. Professor Apr 8, 2019

Hi
    Finally found what looks to be a maker's mark on the movement of my 80's Bulova.
    The movement has extremely tiny markings Its marked "Swiss" "Seventeen Jewels" and has what appears to be the letters "AS" inside a four petaled blossom or perhaps a four leaf clover.
    I could only see these when using a loupe. There are also several numbers in a row but the finish of the metal is so bright I can't make them out even with the loupe. My eye sight has been iffy lately, more astigmatism than anything else.

I had thought this used a Citizen movement till I saw the Swiss marking.

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 8, 2019

AS in a shield could be A Schild S.A. of Grenchen when the company was part of Ebauches S.A.

Ebauches S.A later became ETA and is now part of the Swatch Group.

connieseamaster and Foo2rama like this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 8, 2019

It is "A Schild" aka AS

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 8, 2019

Like this?

AS_Mark_for_Prof.JPG

Vitezi likes this.
  5. Professor Apr 8, 2019

That is most likely it. The four lobed looking background (shield?) is hard to describe properly and on my example so tiny as to be near invisible without a loupe.
    I found a source that said AS stopped making movements in the 70's but I suppose AS marked movements were still in stock well into the 80's.

I'll try again to get a proper look at the numbers. Lighting is the main problem.