Forums Latest Members
  1. Capn'Crunch Nov 7, 2018

Does this movement look ok?

Edited Nov 8, 2018
  2. drhombus24 Nov 7, 2018

Yes, looks fine

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 7, 2018

I’d want more pictures then that to verify.

4. Capn'Crunch Nov 8, 2018

I'll be happy to post more. What would you need to see?

5. pianomankd Nov 8, 2018

Care to elaborate on your original post? Purchase history? Seller? Country? Year? Accessories?

....ANYTHING?

Davidt likes this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 8, 2018

Dial, full caseback

7. Davidt Nov 8, 2018

What are your thoughts or concerns about it?

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. pianomankd Nov 8, 2018

This. I don't understand why the OP is so worried.

9. drhombus24 Nov 8, 2018

I think OP just wanted to get other opinions and make sure it’s authentic. There are some really good planet ocean fakes. This isn’t one of them. All good to my eye.

Foo2rama and Capn'Crunch like this.
  10. Davidt Nov 8, 2018

It's not that I'm questioning why he's asking for help. I just think posters should venture more than "assess this for me".

11. MCC Nov 8, 2018

Capn'Crunch likes this.
  12. Capn'Crunch Nov 8, 2018

I got it for well below the market price for this model and it came with boxes, cards etc. so I just wanted to make sure it was the real deal. I've read that the 8500 was easy to fake and that got me a little skeptical considering the price I paid. In this day and age you never know. I've read some watch makers getting fooled by fake Rolexes.

This model is no longer sold by an Omega store by me or else I would've bought it locally and not had a doubt in my mind. With so many fakes it's hard to tell unless you look at specific watch(es) everyday, which I don't or are a watch maker and can immediately see something that doesn't look right. I've seen these posts all over this site, why is me asking such a dramatic thing?

Exactly!

For those that helped, thank you!!

Davidt likes this.
  13. Modernism Nov 8, 2018

In fairness, no fakes are THAT good, there's always a tell tale sign, pip in the bezel/He etc. But if those are your photos and not the sellers. Until you receive it they can post up any pics in an ad?

14. Capn'Crunch Nov 8, 2018

Again, I don't deal with these watches everyday. I wouldn't know a fake from a hole in the wall.

And all of the pictures are mine.

15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 8, 2018

Yes there is actually. You have to understand the subtle difference on the movement and there are dial and case tells that I’ll not post.

16. Capn'Crunch Nov 8, 2018

Your reply is a little unclear?

Are you saying my watch has subtle differences and it's a fake or just fakes in general? I purchased it with PayPal so if I need to return it, the sooner the better.

17. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 8, 2018

I’m not an expert at spotting from the movement bit some members here can as there are some small things that are easy to spot if you know where to look. . But the very very good fakes have some tells with the Bezel and case back printing that I’ll not post in the open, as I don’t want the fakers to know how to be better.

There are members here that can check via serial number though. You can also call a boutique not an authorized dealer and ask about your warranty status with your serial. They may or may not assist you.

Your pictures are not showing me what I look for. I need clear full front and full back pictures.

18. Capn'Crunch Nov 8, 2018

The Omega warranty card (stamped with AD's name) is the same as the case serial number, movement serial number and white hang tag serial number.

Is it safe to assume I'm ok?

19. jimmyd13 Nov 8, 2018

Your watch is fine.

@Foo2rama 's comment was only partially in response to your earlier question. The fact is that there are "super-replicas" on the market. Not just for the PO or even Omega but for many high end makers. I've had two "Rolex" ones in hand and only a loupe told me they were wrong (but then, I'm half blind these days). The point is that little or nothing is served by telling the makers of these fakes what they've got wrong ... because they'll only correct it in their next generation of fakes. It's better to just take the word of some members that X is correct and Y is a fake.

Foo2rama likes this.
  20. Capn'Crunch Nov 8, 2018

Ok, thanks. Now I can sit back, relax and enjoy this beauty!

jcmartinez98 likes this.