Forums Latest Members
  1. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Oct 11, 2016

Hey all,

Stumbled across this Movado and it has be a little stumped. I have not been able to find anything similar to it anywhere online. The only other Sub Sea variations are all chronos. What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Jake

EDIT: Seller states he is not sure if it has ever been redialed, but does not think so because "the dial looks really, really good" to him.

I just like the explorer style but a Rolex is at least 10 years away.

IMG_2720_zpsy6r1qylk.JPG IMG_2719_zpsntga8g7y.JPG IMG_2709_zpscpitughp.JPG
    Edited Oct 11, 2016
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 11, 2016

This is a Sub Sea that's not a chono. Is that a redial? I really don't know but the dial looks a lot better than the rest of the watch.
    s-l1600.jpg s-l16001.jpg

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 11, 2016

Definitely a redial. However, I'll give the artist credit, as it is an attractive and creative job!

When you see such dissonance between dial and movement condition, you can be sure that the dial isn't original.

Also, no such model ever existed, to my knowledge.

Jwit likes this.
  4. Thomas P. The P is for Palladium and Platinum Oct 12, 2016

I agree it is a redial or even a fake. I question whether the case middle and bezel are even real. The case back and crown look ok but the rest of the watch is suspect in my opinion.

5. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Oct 12, 2016

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 12, 2016

7. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Oct 12, 2016

Not to my knowledge... is the link not working? It works for me.... and he bumped the post today

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 12, 2016

The link just goes to the sales page, and no "Movado" visible to me.

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 12.06.07 PM.png

9. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Oct 12, 2016

Hmmm. Might be because I am on mobile. Users name is "cradams"

10. Thomas P. The P is for Palladium and Platinum Oct 12, 2016

After seeing the rest of the photos, I would definitely pass on this watch. I don't have a good feeling about it.

11. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Oct 12, 2016

Oh yeah I've passed on this one. I thought it was a nice look when I first saw it but could not find anything like it. Then with OF confirmation it fell off my board. :cool:

12. Thomas P. The P is for Palladium and Platinum Oct 12, 2016

Glad to know it fell off your board there are many many nice Movados out there for not a lot of money. You'll find one.

Jwit likes this.
  13. petekeller Apr 13, 2017

Good day, all! Bringing this thread back from the dead because I bought this watch.

As best I can tell, @slique12 bought it from the seller linked above, and I recently bought it from @slique12.

I received the watch a week ago and have worn it off and on since then. A few things:
    It's really a beautiful piece
    It's definitely a franken, and a relatively recent one. The lume still glows (although it fades quickly) as does the lume on the minute and hour hands.
    I have not opened up the back of the watch, but the "redial" seems to be completely created from some artist's mind. It mimics a Rolex Submariner, but with Movado branding loud and proud above the hands. Below the hands, the tweaked homage to the Submariner continues, with "Sub C" listed- and as far as a little googling tells me, Movado never referred to their "Sub Sea" models as "Sub C"- seems a modern play on words/letters. Below "Sub C", the dial proclaims 200m = 660 ft, certainly an empty boast.
    The case (and bezel) mimic the Explorer, pleasingly so.

I currently have the watch on a tropic strap, provided by @slique12. It's a little understrapped, as the strap is 18mm and the lugs are 19mm, but I like the look. And even my wife commented on the strap- and she's not into watches at all.

The rotor is a little loud, but does not sound "grindy."

The watch has been keeping great time for me- I set the time a week ago, and she's more-or-less still on point.

All in, a great pickup! Any questions?

IMG_5284.JPG IMG_5283.JPG

Edited Apr 13, 2017
  14. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Apr 13, 2017

Always nice to see clarity when something is once questioned. And most importantly of all that the owner is happy with the watch. :thumbsup:

petekeller likes this.