Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Movado stainless steel deco

1. imfagent449 Jul 29, 2021

I have for sale a Movado that I believe is from the 1940s. I have had this in my possession since 2009. The watch will need a service.

Case: The case is stainless steel and it is 31mm (boy size). It has a unique shape that I believe was a signature of Movado around that time. It is in good condition with some scratches consistent with age. It still has the brushed finish on the sides.
    Crystal: It is in good condition.
    Bracelet: The strap is not original to the watch.
    Movement: Runs. However, it does not run for a full 24 hours - I will update this tomorrow. It will need a service.
    Dial and Hands: The dial is in good condition with very light patina that can only seen in certain conditions. It has a very slight discolouration from radiation around the 5 o'clock position from the hands during some part of its life. It does say Switzerland at the bottom. The hands are in good condition although some of the luminous compound has come away. The seconds I believe originally had a red tip but the colour has turned to a grey.

There are no associated boxes and papers.

Price: 240 USD including shipping to the Continental US with USPS (or best offer). The watch is in Los Angeles.

Video:

Pictures:

IMG_0760.JPG IMG_0761.JPG IMG_0762.JPG IMG_0811.JPG IMG_0809.JPG IMG_0810.JPG

Edited Aug 19, 2021
    yako54, Plees, Duracuir1 and 9 others like this.
  2. imfagent449 Aug 18, 2021

Price reduced to 340 USD or reasonable offer. Video added.

3. imfagent449 Aug 19, 2021

Withdrawn - I think I will regret it.

monchichi55 and Walrus like this.