Forums Latest Members

FS Movado M95 (Solid 14kt Gold)

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 8, 2024

It's been a while since I made a FS post on here, but with a big watch purchase that I just completed, it's unfortunately time to let go of one of the cherished watches in my collection. M95s continue to be amazing value in the watch world, and this solid gold example is the perfect dress chronograph. See below for full detail:

Dial: Matte white dial is in excellent condition and features the applied "top hat" logo, which is my favorite iteration. Lume plots are all present and matching with creamy patina. There is very slight lume damage to the 12 o'clock lume plot that occurred during servicing years ago, but the other 11 plots are 10/10 (and the 12 o'clock plot is still present and in good overall shape). I find Movado dials from this era to be among the highest quality that I have seen and this is no exception.

Hands: All hands are original and the chrono hand is blued steel, which is a beautiful, subtle reminder of Movado's finishing touches during this time period. The minute hand has lost a bit of lume, which I've observed in nearly every M95 that I've seen (I believe the lume cut-out is simply to thin). The subdials feature "kris" hands for the minute / hour counters and a gold hand for the running seconds, which add terrific flourishes to the overall design.

Case: Another reason that the M95 has become one of my favorite watches is the "fat" 35mm case, which is reminiscent of the Patek Philippe 1463 and was manufactured by the same case provider as the 1463 (François Borgel). This example has been lightly polished at some point in the past, but the case lines are still sharp. The top of the lugs are typically the first to lose their shape and this example still sports sharp "transitions" at the top of the lugs. There is also a nice case patina that has developed over time. The "start/stop" pusher has some wear but it is hardly noticeable.

Movement / Functionality: The M95 chronograph caliber was the first modular chronograph movement to be produced and was utilized in continuous production for over 30 years after its introduction in 1939. Aside from being unique and horologically noteworthy, it is beautifully constructed (see last picture below) and capable of tracking up to 60 minutes, in addition to the running hours and seconds. I had the watch serviced ~5 years ago and it has been worn sparingly and in a deep rotation since then. All functions work properly and the watch keeps good time. As an FYI, this is one of the few chronographs that starts/stops using the bottom button and resets with the top.

Accessories: The watch is being sold head only.

My asking price is $10,500, which includes fully insured Fedex Priority shipping. Payment via PayPal (F&F or add 3% if using PP) or direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred. Returns are not accepted unless I have materially misrepresented something (and I don't believe I have). Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. Thanks for looking and thanks to OF for the space.
    Movado Sale-11.jpg
    Movado Sale-1.jpg Movado Sale-3.jpg Movado Sale-5.jpg Movado Sale-6.jpg Movado Sale-7.jpg Movado Sale-8.jpg Movado Sale-9.jpg Movado Sale-10.jpg movado-1-2.jpg

Edited Jul 15, 2024
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jul 9, 2024

Damn! THATS A PRETTY WATCH! Good luck with the sale.

bazamu likes this.
  3. Faz Jul 9, 2024

Amazing! :eek:
    Yes good luck with the sale! Somebody will be getting a cracker of a chronograph!

bazamu and Mark020 like this.
  4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 15, 2024

Bump and price drop