Movado El Primero HS-360 service ???

Re-post from "other brand" sub forum

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have an HS-360 that I like very much but I am afraid to wear it as it has an issue with the chronograph function. The watch keeps great time and the chrono runs fine but won't reset properly. The chrono hand seems to stick on the reset and I am afraid if I wear it without using the chronograph I might still damage the El Primero movement. Is my fear founded or should I just wear it? The other question that I have is what type of watchmaker should I look for to perform the service? I doubt Zenith or Movado would want to touch it.
Thanks as always!

The other question that I have is what type of watchmaker should I look for to perform the service? I doubt Zenith or Movado would want to touch it.
Thanks as always!

Any watchmaker who has knowledge of el primero movement can service it.

Re-post from "other brand" sub forum

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have an HS-360 that I like very much but I am afraid to wear it as it has an issue with the chronograph function. The watch keeps great time and the chrono runs fine but won't reset properly. The chrono hand seems to stick on the reset and I am afraid if I wear it without using the chronograph I might still damage the El Primero movement. Is my fear founded or should I just wear it? The other question that I have is what type of watchmaker should I look for to perform the service? I doubt Zenith or Movado would want to touch it.
Thanks as always!

You can't really hurt it by wearing it, regardless of how the chrono's running (you can't damage it wearing it *without* using the chrono).

Agreed w @hronists; plenty of good independent watchmakers can tackle that movement. If you want some recommendations, tell us where you're at. I send all my watches to Paradise Time Services, in Kendallville, IN; Donovan's the best that I know of.

Agreed w @hronists; plenty of good independent watchmakers can tackle that movement. If you want some recommendations, tell us where you're at. I send all my watches to Paradise Time Services, in Kendallville, IN; Donovan's the best that I know of.
Thanks for the input!!! Do I need one with specific parts accounts Zenith, Rolex or Omega for example? I'm in the Boston area.

You can wear it. The worst that will happen is it will need an overhaul which it already does. It may be tough to find someone who has a Zenith account but I believe there are generic parts similar to Zenith. The problem with your watch sounds like it just needs an overhaul. (disclaimer: I am not a watchmaker but my watchmaker has serviced Zenith El Primero.)