Forums Latest Members

Movado Chronodiver 95M - brainstorming a dial please

1. Jarama Dec 24, 2014

Hey everybody,

decided to post this also here in the Zenith section, I think there are so much connections between Zenith and Movado, even if this reference presumably has been made before both brands came closer together.

I just want to hear what the experts think about the dial.
    Movado Chronodiver 95M.jpg

Serial of this watch should be 601. This configuration is different to most of the other examples I have seen so far, in particular:

- deviant small nonlumious indices
    - SWISS MADE instead of SWITZERLAND T
    - no 5 to 60 numeration at the outer edge of the dial - I have seenthis only once before on this Movado reference, also on a watch with aserial above 600, please look here, sorry for the minor size picture:
    Movado Chronodiver 95Mx.jpg

What do you think? Genuine and only a sort of dial execution or replacement or fake?

Thanks a lot for your answers and a Merry Christmas for all.

Regards

2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Dec 24, 2014

I suspect that it is genuine, though chronographs are not my area of focus.

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 24, 2014

For comparison:

from http://omegaforums.net/threads/quicksand-watch-movado-19041.13578/
    zDSC_0017_zps73c1d860.jpg

The one you've posted is a redial or a service dial in my opinion. Certainly, the full "Switzerland" is more typical of Movado of that period, but I particularly don't like the subdial printing. The original has flat-top 3s, and text and hashmarks are smaller. The black part should have a lacquer finish. I can't tell if it does in reality, but it looks matte in the photo.

I'm not certain I understand what you mean by 'serial should be 601." the reference number for this watch is 19041.

4. Jarama Dec 26, 2014

Many thanks for your replies.

With "serial should be" I meant that this was the serial of this specific exemplar but I am not really sure because the comments I wrote down when I saved the picture month ago were unclear. Sorry, my mistake.

I think these models could also have the reference 95-704-541 which is only the follower number for 19041 between 1966 and 1971. (when I understand 'von Osterhausen' right)

Regards

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 26, 2014

Yes I think that's right. VonO does require some interpretation.