Forums Latest Members
  1. pedro.martinez Mar 24, 2018

Hello,
    This is my first post.

I would like to receive some input from the experienced forum members.

I'm aware of the "hand creep" issue in some 321/861 and I guess 1861movs, ...and that more likely can be corrected when servicing the watch as commented in several posts.

What about if the hour register doesn't reset??.
    Is this a common problem?

And now, if this is a regular problem in neglected 861s how costly would be the correction?????
    A watch with this malfunction is available for sale locally but I would like to know more about the fix before closing a deal.

If any of you guys had an Omega 861 with this malfunction, and sent the watch for repair how much were you charged for the repair?

Thanks in advance for your time.
    Pedro

2. gdupree Mar 24, 2018

This is a pretty common problem. I’m not qualified to say how easy of an issue this is to correct, but my impression is that it is common and should be easily corrected with a proper service.

My 145.022-74 had this issue when I first got it, but it has since corrected itself, oddly. I still am getting it serviced regardless.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 25, 2018

If you mean it doesn't reset at all, then no this is not a common problem. If you mean it doesn't reset exactly to zero, yes that is more common and likely due to the hand not being installed correctly.

When was the watch last serviced?

4. pedro.martinez Mar 25, 2018

Hi Archer,
    It does not reset at all.

As expressed in the original post, this malfunctioning watch is for sale and service history is not available.

Thanks for your contribution to clarify the malfunction.

Regard
    Pedro

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 25, 2018

You didn't mention any service history in the first post. But generally the problem of the hour counter not resetting can be as simple as very old lubrication causing a problem, to a broken part such as the hour recorder runner or the hammer. Only way to know is to get it serviced.

6. pedro.martinez Mar 25, 2018

Hi,
    Thanks for your input.
    So, let's assume the worst case, broken parts, that's a how much job??.....a $200 job in addition to the service cost?...

Edited Mar 25, 2018