Forums Latest Members
  1. ConElPueblo Jul 3, 2016

It's halfway through the year, so thought I'd share what this year has brought me. Last year was a veeeeery quiet year as we were busy renovating our new house and only one new watch came into my possession and that was a prize, not even a vintage purchase! This year has been... Lively. A few of the watches sold wasn't even in my collection at New Year, so there has been a lot of activity!

New in the collection:

Omega ref. 2792-5SC. Bought on here, and a lovely watch! Am quite taken with the two-tone black dial.

DSC_0006.JPG

Its companion, the 2892, came along not long after:

IMG_0165.JPG

Seiko 5... Only bought because of the banged-up "patina", and solely used for garden work. A complete train wreck, but I adore it :p

DSC_0021.JPG

Omega Seamaster 2848 - the GF's watch. Fantastic condition and patina and looks great on her (I wear it occasionally... :cautious: ), draws a huge amount of interest and praise when she's wearing it.

DSC_0029.JPG

Omega Seamaster 600. Bought on a whim, will be leaving shortly. Something about that just doesn't gel, I'm afraid.

DSC_0031.JPG

Tissot Chronograph. A bit of a rollercoaster ride, this. I love it to bits, even though the dial is some sort of redial, the chronograph has issues and the case is polished... It's with the watchmaker now, and I miss it sorely :(

DSC_0038.JPG

Omega - just arrived, haven't even opened it yet. Though I've promised myself to focus more on condition, this made it's way here due to a very reasonable price and an interesting dial. The case back is completely shot and the crystal cracked - never believe a Swedish seller, they are downright untruthful, the lot of them ;)

DSC_0043.JPG

Did I say I was starting to focus more on condition? Yeah, sometimes it goes to far. Have realised I'm not the right person to own safe queens - the Longines Conquest rarely gets worn, as I'm afraid to put a ding or a scratch in it.

DSC_0049.JPG

This is more like it: a early seventies C-case Constellation with a amazing bracelet. Great daily wearer and, IMO, a steal too. The seller hadn't listed it as a Constellation, so I was pretty surprised at winning it for my low-ish bid.

DSC_0058.JPG

Another one picked for condition (and the fact that it was a full set), my Constellation 14381 is the latest arrival. Only took 2½ months for the Danish customs to process it ::facepalm2::

DSC_0082.JPG

Maybe they were dazzled by the beauty of the LeCoultre that came along it? A new favourite:

DSC_0083[2].JPG

Out of the collection:

My first forays into the vintage watch world were a cal. 501 Seamaster and a Seiko 5 (from the 80's), which both found new homes shortly after listing them. A funny feeling handing them over.

dffdf.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

The Tissot Seastar went to a new, young enthusiast...

DSC_0016.JPG

As did my second Constellation, the sparkling 14902:

DSC_0021.JPG

I also parted ways with one of the watches I felt really lucky to have snapped up in the past, a very sharp Seamaster Calendar:

DSC_0019.JPG

Another quality piece sold (earlier this week, even) was the quite beautiful cal. 354 Seamaster, which was picked up on the 'bay AFTER I begged the members here to buy it, because I knew I would have to otherwise! A day went by and I had to click the BIN - no-one had taken pity on me and for that I thank you. It was a bittersweet experience to sell this, as it had wormed its way into my heart in the short time it was in my possesion:

DSC_0118.JPG

Two of my modern piece went elsewhere, one of the sales introducing me to a new friend. The Torgoen was a prize from Ablogtowatch, and while it is a good package, it's just too modern for my tastes. The Seamaster has been a faithful companion for a few years and I don't hesitate in recommending them as perfect watches and fantastic value for money:

DSC_0013.JPG

Out of the box.JPG

Hope you liked the run-down of the in and outs of 2016 (so far...) :)

Feel free to post your own first 6 months!

davidswiss, chronos, TNTwatch and 8 others like this.
  2. alam Jul 3, 2016

:thumbsup: good looking pieces you got there! those black dials are my favorites! ::love::

ConElPueblo likes this.
  3. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jul 3, 2016

I just don't understand how you could sell some of those beauties, you heartless bastard...

ConElPueblo likes this.
  4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 3, 2016

Very nice! Dibs on the omega jumbo!

5. dragoman Jul 3, 2016

Glad that you finally got hold of your Rolex. :thumbsup:

ConElPueblo likes this.
  6. ConElPueblo Jul 3, 2016

Noted!

...Which one is that?

ahartfie likes this.
  7. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 3, 2016

This one..

257355-b31cf9946191e32808eff081abc29439.jpg
  8. ConElPueblo Jul 3, 2016

You haven't seen the case back! :eek:

9. marturx Jul 3, 2016

That is not a jumbo

10. cristos71 Jul 3, 2016

My favourite is the 14381,very nice :) Personally I would have kept the Seamaster calendar, due to the excellent case condition, and looked into upgrading the dial and handset to better match the lovely case.

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 3, 2016

So this year has been interesting for me. Up until this year my "collection" was a 3313 Orange POC and a SKX 009. but kind of jumped the past few months.

I stumbled onto the forum doing research on the Speedmaster "Yeman". Which I purchased before I had posting privileges long story.
    image.jpeg
    Purchase 1

Then I needed a dress watch for a wedding and I never need a dress watch. So I got this Grey Bambino. image.jpeg
    Purchase 2

Then this forum shamed me into a Speedy Pro and I figured hey lets go for a birth year watch for my 40th lets start looking, immediately after I had this idea @abrod520 posted he was thinking of selling his 145.022-76, I sent a PM "dibs" So a few days later and months ahead of my Birthday I got this in the mail.
    image.jpeg
    Purchase 3

Well then I was reminded about the Seiko 6117-8000 I fell in love with a few years ago. A mild gamble on bad pictures and a new eBay sellar and this arrived. In better then expected condition except the bezel ratchet is shot and needs a service badly. image.jpg
    Purchase 4.

This does include the multitude of straps fin 19,20,21 and 22mm I've purchased.

Next step a nice Vintage Navitimer

Just so you know I blame you guys here at OF!!!
    So thanks!

Edited Jul 3, 2016
  12. erpin9 Feb 12, 2017

I love your Tissot watch. Very elegant looks.

13. TNTwatch Feb 12, 2017

+1 on the Tissot. I don't think it's a redial, but could be NOS replacement.

Out of the 3 Omegas with too long hands, those on the 2 Seamsters are incorrect, IMO.

14. ConElPueblo Feb 13, 2017

No, they are correct. It's a feature of these references, even though it's usually a sure sign of replacement. I agree on the Tissot dial, as it isjust too good to be a redial, but the wrong logo is annoying! :confused:

15. TNTwatch Feb 13, 2017

Never seen or heard of this feature for these references. Can you cite your sources?

16. ConElPueblo Feb 13, 2017

Sources? You mean official statements concerning the lenght of minute hands of vintage references? :p

We had a discussion about last year when a member showed a 30mm watch and someone made the same observation. Looking through collections it was shown to be more than just a common occurence. Even if the seconds/minute track is on the inside of the markers, the minute hand would extend to the far end of the hour markers. Have a google if you'd like sources.

17. ConElPueblo Feb 13, 2017

18. TNTwatch Feb 13, 2017

Official statements would be best, but a few members here have been able to make that claim based on their experience and good provenance. Even then their claims would apply to some specific hands-on examples and as exceptions to the rules, not as "common feature" of the whole references.

Your dead horse may or may not apply to your first example, but no way applies to your 2 Seamaster examples. Maybe you have super AI googling secret sauce or something, if so please show. ;)

19. ConElPueblo Feb 13, 2017

I think we may be talking about different watches. I thought you were talking about the 30mm watches, which probably wasn't the case, as only one of them is labelled Seamaster? Could you point out which you mean?

20. TNTwatch Feb 13, 2017

I was talking about the 2 Seamasters only, ref. 2892 and 2848.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]