Forums Latest Members

MotoGP 2020 (Contains Spoilers)

1. Dor_42 Jul 18, 2020

Following the success of the F1 thread, I'm actually more into MotoGP so here we go!

I just finished watching the Q2 session and I have to say I am puzzled with how bad Rossi is performing (not just now but for quite some time now).
    I find it hard to believe that he cannot find a way to adapt to the bike and be able to perform like MV and FQ, is it his age? His fitness? Did his contract with the devil expire and he ran out of talent?

With Dovi I honestly feel like he's ready to quit, I watched the documentary they recently did on him and he almost even says it but in his own words, something about "riding a MotoGP bike is like being in a cage".

Let's see what this (short) season brings, it should be interesting to see how Fabio performs and if he an actually challenge Marquez, surely next year when he has a factory ride!

Any predictions for tomorrow's race?
    I saw they restarted the fantasy league on the MotoGP website, it was fun to do with a few friends over the years and it was a shame they cancelled it last year, the format is a bit different with the new one, looks interesting!
    Let me know if you joined, maybe we can start a OF league.

Edited Jul 18, 2020
  2. Om3ga321 Jul 18, 2020

Rossi is to old for this game.
    He should of retired 3 years ago and gone out with dignity.

3. Evitzee Jul 18, 2020

It's his age for sure, and he probably has lost some thirst for winning. He should have retired some years ago, but like most athletes he has hung on too long. It gets embarrising.

4. West Slope Jul 19, 2020

Rossi is an amazing rider but I am afraid the electronics age has proven too big of a change for him to adapt and remain at the front of the pack. That being said I'm not sure someone that qualifies 11th is an embarrassment.....think of all the riders who would give their left arm to be able to post a similar lap time.

I will never fault him for trying but would like to see him in WSBK where I expect he would be able to challenge for a podium on a regular basis.

5. Dor_42 Jul 19, 2020

Oh, for sure!
    Don't get me wrong, the slowest guy in MotoGP is still mighty talented and I could only dream of being as fast on a motorcycle.

I don't see him retiring to WSBK, he is too proud for that, Dovi maybe but not Rossi... We'll see.

6. West Slope Jul 19, 2020

Well that was an interesting turn of events....major championship implications!

Dor_42 likes this.
  7. Dor_42 Jul 20, 2020

Indeed!
    I don't like Marquez (to say the least) but you can't deny the kid has talent and is on a league of his own.
    It looked like if a rider was in the wrong group on a track day.

With him gone for one and possible even 3 rounds things will get interesting for sure. His titles fight isn't over, it would have been for anyone else but not for him.
    But, as we all know, the only one who can stop MM is MM.

8. West Slope Jul 20, 2020

They are saying he is expected back by race 4....broken arm and nerve damage. He was on a flyer, and that first trip into the gravel was amazing but I can't say I was surprised he threw it away as hard as he was pushing to catch up.

I am not his biggest fan either but damn the guy is fast....