Forums Latest Members
  1. jove14 Jan 18, 2018

Hi.
    This thread may have been posted before but I couldn't find it, so here goes with mine.
    This is not funny so no laughing allowed.
    A few days after I had my kidney stone out, I still had a catheter in place as I was still pissing blood.
    I woke up one morning and like any bloke I had a night time arousal!
    I had a rather embarrassing erection with a blooming long plastic tube sticking out of it, it looked like a tent!
    All the night shift nurses were giving me knowing looks and they told the day shift about it::facepalm1::
    I couldn't wait to get home!
    And I have never told the wife about it!
    Joe.

Nathan1967, Fritz and sjg22 like this.
  2. lillatroll Jan 18, 2018

Sticking up like a tent pole.... nothing to be embarrassed about....droopy like a dogs ear.....perhaps not so fun.....hopfully you made a full recovery and everything that should work does work :)

3. Bumper Jan 18, 2018

Had a root canal done on a molar that used 5 vials of painkiller jabbed all over my jaw. Went to the pharmacy right after to get my prescription and could barely talk. Tongue was numb, drool was dripping out as i struggled to get the words out, you get the picture... They were amazingly patient & were extremely nice.

It was only after i left that i realised they thought i was "special". Never went there again...

4. Canuck Jan 18, 2018

The story goes that a senior nurse and a pretty, young student nurse were talking at coffe break. The senior nurse asked the student if she had seen the four letter word SASK tattooed on one male patient’s “member”. The student said she’d check it out. Next break, the student told the nurse that he didn’t have SASK on his member. The tattoo said SASKATCHEWAN!

5. sjg22 Jan 18, 2018

I was walking into a client's office tower with a colleague and spotted an individual I'd dealt with previously standing outside with another gentleman. The other gentleman was smoking a cigarette, with his right hand in his pocket. I exchange pleasantries with the guy I knew and then turned to introduce myself to his mate. Looking him in the eye and saying my name, i put out my hand for a handshake. Feeling something very strange, I (according to my colleague who witnessed this) jumped back and let out something between a small scream and a "YIPE" - it turns out that this gentleman was born with two fingers, which I'd failed to notice as his hand was in his pocket and I was looking him in the eye as I went for the handshake.

I attempted to instantly compose myself, apologized and then shook his hand again.

My colleague was nearly on the floor laughing once we got onto the escalator, out of sight.... I genuinely felt terrible, but it was shocking to feel two fingers where there typically is five, without warning.

Sent over a bottle of wine and a short email apology and all was ok, but still makes me cringe.

*Second place, which just came back to me. Went to a pool party at a girl's house in Grade 7 (a pivotal time of one's development, particularly with respect to relations with the opposite sex). I changed in her main-floor bathroom into my swimsuit and proceeded to have a great time at the party.

Next day at school came a clear plastic bag containing the underwear that I'd forgotten in the bathroom.... Luckily clean, but nonetheless a heart-stopping moment for a youngster as your red boxer shirts are paraded through the class....

Edited Jan 18, 2018
  6. Bushido Jan 18, 2018

I was in a lengthy discussion with a patient after performing a thorough examination. I just finished speaking at length about his condition, treatment options, and my proposed course of action and what the procedure would entail. Internally, I was feeling pretty proud about figuring out what was going on as he had seen multiple other doctors prior to myself. None of whom could properly diagnose his condition.

As I am wrapping up, I asked the patient "Any further questions I can answer?"
    Patient's reply: "Your fly is down."
    Me: ::censored::

sjg22 and blufinz52 like this.
  7. wsfarrell Jan 18, 2018

Okay, let's get away from the nasty stuff and go to something a little more wholesome. Here's a shot of my Baratza Vario coffee grinder that I opened up after it started misbehaving. I had previously "repaired" it by replacing the drive belt. I've since moved on to a Monolith.

vario1.jpg

8. M'Bob Jan 18, 2018

Dude, if you woke with an erection while having a catheter in, that's not embarrassing...it's bragging.

mayankyadav, jove14 and Starman71 like this.
  9. jove14 Jan 19, 2018

Yes the operation went really well and everything works great, eight days in hospital and as you gathered couldn't wait to see the wife!
    Joe.

10. M'Bob Jan 19, 2018

Newly married?

11. jove14 Jan 19, 2018

No. 26 years together and I still could not wait to see her.
    Joe.

akshayluc420, Bushido and gostang9 like this.
  12. GordonL Jan 19, 2018

I always laugh when I think of an interview I once heard with musician Jeff Lynne (formerly of ELO), where he remembered his most embarrassing moment:

He recounted how he was involved in making recordings of a selection of Beatles covers back in the 1990s for some charity activity, and was in the studio with George Harrison, who was also involved. The song in question was "A Hard Day's Night", which as I'm sure you will remember, starts with the resoundant striking of a particularly obscure chord on the guitar. (The exact structure of that chord has generated much debate over the years).
    So, during the 1st rehearsal, George struck the chord to start the song, and Jeff looked over and said "that doesn't sound quite right George, are you sure that's the correct chord?" With a wry smile, George responded "Yes, Jeff, I'm sure".
    Jeff said he could have died of embarrassment.....

jove14 likes this.