Forums Latest Members
  1. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 15, 2017

Hi Everyone....

As I was reporting I think last weeks rant....

It looks more to be technical screwups at Paypal....

I wanted to do three transactions today... I was only able to process two...

1) via ebay had to fill in the CC info and processed fine via Payal...
    2) via sellers website , logging into my PP acct and processed fine also CC
    3) seller sent me an invoice , i logged into my PP acct ... I tired three different cc all resulted in the same error message something to the effect " your cc has been declied by cc company " .... So I called my CC company they said they never got any payment request and nothing was declined...

so who do you believe ?

Net question is there alternative to paypal ? anyone use?

I am just so tired of this bullshit... i would love to just walk away from them.

bill

2. wsfarrell Oct 15, 2017

I wish I could look over your shoulder when you were doing this. I've done thousands of PayPal transactions without a single hitch. Credit cards are something else---I've had several transactions declined (initially) when I was travelling out of state, or buying something expensive outside the U.S.

MrBuhl likes this.
  3. nurseford25 Oct 15, 2017

I’ve had some recent cc transaction declines through PayPal and then the other day I went to pay with a cc and it charged my checking account instead. Which was fine but not what I had intended. Not sure what is going on with them lately.

4. panaitchrono Oct 15, 2017

I also don't like PayPal but couldn't find any replacement. They have the good parts with buyer protection and sending money fast 'in same cases'..:) but it's very frustrating when they hold the money for 21 days etc..

5. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 15, 2017

Ive never had any big issues with PayPal...I use it on a daily basis.

Holding money for 21 days? sounds like an issue somewhere else, Ive never had a payment delayed 21 days....other than when the sender doesnt have an account set-up and their payment is held 3-7 days until their payment clears...which is exactly what you want, otherwise you risk a chargeback. If your payments are held 21 days, then you didnt set up your account properly.

Edited Oct 15, 2017
  6. MrBuhl Oct 16, 2017

Never had any real issues with Paypal either, if anything it seems to have gotten faster to me - but for options there is Venmo and Applepay, not sure how widespread they are though. Many folks around my office use Venmo, and I will say its easy, but I also think a Paypal product.

7. Edward53 Oct 17, 2017

8. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 17, 2017

This is absurd...sounds like a seller to avoid more than anything. If they are holding his funds for 21 days it simply means he is refusing to follow PayPal guidelines and likely is too paranoid to link his bank account. I have been using PayPal for 20 years and have no issues...but then Im not a paranoid fool who refuses to link my accounts to PayPal.

Question; If you were PayPal and you had a customer who refused to follow your guidelines and link your accounts to PayPal but demanded immediate payment, yet they had a history of claims...what would you do with that customer?
    Wouldn't you hold his funds until you were assured he wasnt going to reverse them? Not only for your protection, but for the protection of your customers?

Im not saying this is what happened with this seller as I have no clue, but is it smells like a fish...

9. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 17, 2017

I know we are not ready yet....but....

Bitcoin

10. Edward53 Oct 17, 2017

I don't know what the issue is with this seller so can't comment on that. I have been using ebay since 2000 and had no problems with payments but they keep altering things and not always for the better. I see this seller has been on there for 9 years so they are not exactly tyros and I was assuming they've fallen foul of some change Paybay have made. Anyway I'm not sure I understand how you can even use Paypal without linking it to a bank account, as how could you withdraw funds from your Paypal account?

11. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 17, 2017

Yes you can use PayPal without a bank account...you simply use PayPal as your bank account, receiving funds and paying for items all from your PayPal account. They even have a debit card, so PayPal can be your bank.

Regardless, I have no idea why his funds were withheld...but clearly there must be a reason. PayPal doesn't randomly say...'hey lets fuck with this customer today and hold his funds for 21 days'.

I can only tell you from my experience alone (using PayPal on a regular basis) that they dont hold my funds. They have held a incoming payment when someone pays me directly from a checking account...this is normal as what if the checking account has a $0 balance? For my protection their funds are held until the bank clears them. This is usually 1-3 days max. When this occurs I simply dont ship the item until I get the notice from PayPal that the funds are secured.

When transferring funds to my account, I use the app to do this and funds are in my bank the very next day.
    Keep in mind that PayPal has simplified global payments...if they are holding your funds there is typically a valid reason. It not to gain more interest. There will always be haters, no matter what. Maybe the haters need to start their own global payment system and see how successful they are at it...after they get fucked a few times, they might grasp how complicated it really is.

12. jimdgreat1 Oct 17, 2017

My local bank just started a online payment thing. Don't remember what it is called. Seems like it will pay anyone with an email or just a cell number. Even to mailing a check, for free. You might check your bank.

13. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 17, 2017

I have this with my bank, but it is just like a wire transfer or PayPal “friends and family”. Once a payment is sent, it’s gone from your account forever with near zero recourse if there is an issue.

With respect to PayPal, I’ve never had a problem with saved credit card information on their site. I have, on occasion, hit the wrong button and made payments from my checking account, rather than a credit card, but that was always my fault. You do have to be careful about that.

I use PayPal all the time without incident and not just for eBay transactions either.

Curious to find out what the problem is there.
    gatorcpa

14. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Oct 17, 2017

Edited Oct 17, 2017
  15. WatchVaultNYC Oct 17, 2017

Zelle.

on Chase it's called Quickpay. Like bank transfers made easy. And like bank transfers, no buyer protection, and no fees. Only use with people you trust