Forums Latest Members
  1. JennyIGotYaNumba May 8, 2019

WHAT I HAVE
    Speedmaster Pro Moonwatch. 1861 Hesalite, plain vanilla Moonwatch. New in big box with all goodies, papers, cards, etc. Removed from box once for a few min, but that’s it. Never worn. Acquired from AD 3 weeks ago. About as new as can be.

WHAT I WANT
    Seamaster 300 Spectre. But I don’t have/want to spend what I think would be needed along with my watch in trade.

THE ADVICE I NEED
    1) Since I don’t think a flat trade is likely, I am interested in trading for a NIB Seamaster 300. While Seamaster 300 has a higher MSRP than my watch, I think the grey market for NIB Seamaster is about the same as grey market for the Moonwatch I have. Right?

2) Since I probably can’t get a Spectre for my piece, perhaps the next best thing is to “make” a Spectre from a Seamaster 300. I know there Omega lollipop seconds hands can be had, right?

3) But what about the Spectre GMT bezel? Anyone know if these can be had, and any idea about how much?

Am I missing anything to “make” a Spectre (other than the Omega NATO strap). Of course the dial isn’t *quite* the same.

2. gman85 May 9, 2019

Their dials are slightly different too. The Spectre does not have the 12 o'clock marker that the regular SM300 has.

JennyIGotYaNumba likes this.
  3. Donn Chambers May 9, 2019

My opinion, so take it for what it’s worth. But I will add it comes from experience.

If you REALLY want the Spectre LE, no manner of modding a base 300 to kinda look like it will satisfy. Ultimately, you’ll probably put more money into it (from parts and a watchmaker to put them on) that it would cost to either:

1. Sell your Speedmaster at a loss and put that money toward a Spectre.

2. Be patient and find someone who has a Spectre and wants a trade with some money from you.

Just be aware there are fake Spectre watches out there and they look really good at a glance. I’ve seen one and until you see the bezel in person or wind it, they look really good. Be sure to do your due diligence first.

4. bz0123 May 10, 2019

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a NIB hesalite moonwatch is about $4200 (and yours isn't exactly NIB) and a NIB Spectre is about $12000. Even used the Spectre is selling for $8500 to $10000.

5. rcs914 May 10, 2019

Yeah, and the trade/cash value of a NIB grey market speedy is $3k - which I assume is why the OP is talking about acquiring a standard SM300 and then modding it. TBH I think the standard SM300 looks WAY better than the Spectre, with the exception of the lolipop hand. I'd love to have the standard SM300 - just no money for it right now.

6. JennyIGotYaNumba May 13, 2019

If a person weren't a fan of the SM300's PCLs, does having the PCLs brushed on an Omega bracelet void the warranty, like it would for a Rolex?

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 13, 2019

The lollipop is not easily available. Last I heard 1 person did it, but the part like the 12 hour bezel and different dial are swap only replacement.

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 13, 2019

9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 13, 2019

I'd say come up with a savings plan and before you know you will be able to get there real thing. If you're moving your moonwatch and your seamster then you can't be that far off