Forums Latest Members
  1. FRED65 Apr 3, 2022

I decided to treat myself to the Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional cal. 3861, I need your opinion because I hesitate between the Hesalite version and the sapphire version. The Hesalite model is closer to the 105.012 but the sapphire version with the transparent back is superb... Thank you for your help, moreover what do you think of the new caliber 3861? Good Sunday to all

2. Omegafanman Apr 3, 2022

It’s funny,….
    I have the Sapphire version because I like the applied logo. I also wanted to see the 3861 movement.
    Day to day I never look at the movement and with the chrono hand at 12 the logo is covered anyway….
    I have a 3570 as well so I am happy with my choice and my reasons are still valid / just only relevant on odd occasions. But if this is your first Moonwatch I would go with the hesalite…..

arno and M'Bob like this.
  3. FRED65 Apr 3, 2022

Thanks Omegafanman, what do you think about 3861 ?

4. alakapla1 Apr 3, 2022

I have a hesalite speedy. It does scratch and I'm a stickler for crystal not being scratched. However I believe that a speedy should be close to the original in terms of that
    I've had mine for a year, no major scratches and they can buff out with polywatch. However I haven't found the need to do so

5. Omegafanman Apr 3, 2022

A very nice watch - and nice to have the hacking seconds. I have had mine since May 2021 and I am more than pleased with it. Do take the trouble to get the bracelet properly adjusted so the clasp is in the correct position. I am also going to try mine with the Uncle seiko president bracelet.

Buzz 3861 - Copy.jpg
  6. arno Apr 3, 2022

100% agree. I have both FOIS and CK2998 and during purchase process, i was also blaming the lack of transparent caseback, but once it's on your wrist, you don't see the movement anyway ... On a daily basis, it makes almost no difference. It's better to make the choice between hesalite or sapphire form the front window, as obviously there's a real difference on how the light is reflected on the dial and the bezel (milky ring or not) and the engroved logo in the window itself

Omegafanman, YY77 and blufinz52 like this.
  7. FRED65 Apr 3, 2022

Very interesting your comments, I am now watching the hesalite version with more interest.
    Yet at first I only had the sapphire version in mind.
    Difficult all the same the final decision, the price is also more favorable for the hesalite version: 6700 EUR / 7600 EUR
    I don't know the price in US
    Do you think this model will maintain its value, if so, which model

8. matlt Apr 3, 2022

Historically, hesalite and sapphire have both held their value fine. Sapphire likely more, because less were made.

If money is no object, go sapphire.
    Originality is really not a factor anymore. Having a hesalite crystal on your 3861 doesn’t give it any deeper ties to the original moonwatch

9. arno Apr 3, 2022