Forums Latest Members
  1. widowmaker Jun 14, 2015

First time to have owned my dream Moonwatch, and I got myself a 3570.50.00 Jan of 2014 as my first Omega purchase.

[​IMG]
    (And yes, it's a 3570. I was able to purchase separately a genuine Omega leather and deployment buckle.)

Omega suggests to have it serviced every 4-5 years. But as practicable, how often do you guys have yours serviced? And typically, how much would be the average cost for an overhaul from an authorized service center and how long would be the usual turnaround time? Trying to make a comparison with Rolex service and anticipating the cost as well, when the time comes.

I know mine is still quite early for that, but I have been noticing though that it's running quite fast, +13.8sec/day over the past couple of months, while using the Watch Tracker app to measure my watches. Is this typical of a non-COSC and manual-wind piece?

I don't always use it, as I have a number of pieces on rotation, but I always keep it wound when stored. Tried to self-regulate it in almost all storing positions, but it still doesn't slow down. And since it's still within warranty, I'm thinking of bringing it over to the service center.

Looking forward to you advice and recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

2. g-boac Jun 14, 2015

That's quick. My 1861 (3570.50.00) and 321's are pretty much spot-on after 24 hours. . .generally it's 3-4 s/day for the first day. Near the end of the power reserve (on the morning of the second day, if not wound), the watch will start to gain a second or two per hour (which can be expected as a watch nears the end of its reserve), but, if wound daily, my experience is that they'll stay pretty accurate.

The movement is non-COSC as you pointed out, but Omega has an internal target that they try to meet when servicing a watch. I can't remember offhand what it is, but I seem to think I've seen something like +6/-4s per day. In any case, it wouldn't hurt for you to send it in for an adjustment or service. My experience has been fairly positive with warranty service -- door to door was always under four weeks for me, and sometimes right around two.

Enjoy your Speedmaster!! Great find and buy!

3. italy1861 Jun 14, 2015

Spec for caliber 1861 is -1/+11 sec per day....

4. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jun 15, 2015

About $800 and six weeks, more or less.

Tom

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 15, 2015

The fact it runs fast in all positions would indicate it's stable, so it might just need regulating, not a full service.

If you bought it new, it would still be under warranty, and you should be able to get it regulated by Omega or at a boutique free of charge. If the watch was not new when you bought it last year, and you don't know the service history, I would take it to a good local watchmaker and have them determine if it actually needs to be serviced.

Sending it to Omega will be the most expensive option - the pricing for service is listed on their web site.

Cheers, Al

6. Markoff Jun 16, 2015

mine new speedy sapphire sandwich(february 2015) (cal. 1863) is running +2 seconds when worn and put on crown over night, otherwise it's + 4/5 secs.

It's really a watch of the century in my eyes...

7. Markoff Oct 29, 2015

Update on my speedy...when left on crown and not worn, it is +/-0 secs/ per day...when worn then +2 secs a day...And if i have my chrono function on for date, then its + 1 sec per day, and with chrono if not worn, then -0,5sec/day...so thats nice preformance...

8. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Oct 29, 2015

Short of storing the watch on a soft, padded shrine, keeping it on it's crown is probably the best way to avoid scratching the case. A crown is easy to replace if it gets messed up. But if you mess up your crown putting it on the table, you should really be more gentle!