Forums Latest Members

Moonwatch Only Book Introduction – Photo Report

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Oct 2, 2014

[​IMG]
    Moonwatch Only Book introduction at the Tourbillon Boutique Last Tuesday, Speedy Tuesday, we organized an event for Speedmaster collectors and enthusiasts together with the Tourbillon Boutique in Amsterdam. The Tourbillon Boutique is owned by Swatch Group where you will find the high-end brands that belong to this group, including Omega. The perfect place to host an event for Speedy Tuesday and some of its followers. Theme of the event was the release of the Moonwatch Only book by authors Rossier and Marquié. Gregoire Rossier was present during the Speedy event at the Tourbillon Boutique to speak about his book. It was […]
    The post Moonwatch Only Book Introduction – Photo Report appeared first on Fratello Watches.

2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 2, 2014

I must pick this book up!!

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 2, 2014

Me too, keep hearing nothing but great things

4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 2, 2014

Ive seen it in person at the Boutique here and its so well put together its ridiculous...

Only watch i have spotted thats missing is the Limited Series 50th Anniversary, other than that is amazing?

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 2, 2014

So they do have them in boutiques now? I was talking to the Sydney boutique when I ordered by AJTT and they hadn't seen yet and weren't expecting it.

6. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 2, 2014

No, they are not for sale in the boutique. I think most boutiques have a copy to show people but it would be nice to see them for sale in the stores though.

7. cristos71 Oct 2, 2014

Thanks Robert-Jan,

It was a very nice and well organised evening which I really enjoyed. Great to hear about how Gregoire gathered all the information necessary to complete this master work.

Loads of cool watches on everybody's wrists too, especially those golden/maroon 1969 Speedmasters, man they are really something else ::love::

20140930_220037.jpg

Gavin and speedy4ever like this.
  8. DocHolliday Oct 6, 2014

Moon watch Only is nothing shy of what I'm deeming as the " Omega Moon Watch Bible" This book weighs at least 30 pounds. Super luxurious pages with bright vibrant colors. I got the pleasure of browsing through this when I was at my local Omega Boutique in Dallas. Think I'll wait around for a used copy. Cheapest I've seen new is retailing at $350! YIKES!

9. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Oct 8, 2014

I think that's a relatively small price to pay for the knowledge contained in the book - used properly it can save you both money and heartbreak.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  10. scook94 Oct 8, 2014

I must admit, I caved and ordered one. Haven't seen anyone who's seen one say anything but positive things about it. Got it for £190 from a bookseller on that auction site. Should arrive by the end of the week.

11. speedy4ever Moonwatch Only Author Oct 10, 2014

dear RJ, thanks for the report.

Omega ordered a lot of copies for all their national markets, but it seems to be a market-specific decision whether or not they want to sell it or if they only offer them in special circumstances.
    In any case you can order it directly at our publisher Watchprint (http://www.watchprint.com).

12. speedy4ever Moonwatch Only Author Oct 10, 2014

sure you must!

;)

13. speedy4ever Moonwatch Only Author Oct 10, 2014

only the 50th 'patch' version is described, because the others do not have the 861/1861 or cousins calibers

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 10, 2014

Ah yes I forgot the non patch was a hand-wound version of the F.Piguet

15. photo500 Oct 14, 2014

I agree this book sounds like a very complete reference, can't wait to get my hands on one. I got my AJTT from the Omega museum but the excess baggage charges would have been extreme if this was there at the same time!

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 14, 2014

lol trick would be to carry it on in your hand and argue "just some light reading for the flight"