Moonwatch bought…. shoulda bought.

Posts
14
Likes
21
speedmaster-racing-co-axial-44-steel-watch-32932445106001-box-card--id23705087.htm Meh. Acquired a 3861 Sapphire Sandwich with black leather strap. Amazing piece but… wish I had bought this instead.
https://www.chrono24.com.au/omega/s...watch-32932445106001-box-card--id23705087.htm
 
Posts
35,633
Likes
39,880
I think you did well, I’d prefer the 3861 over that racing model for sure
 
Posts
14
Likes
21
I think you did well, I’d prefer the 3861 over that racing model for sure
Cheers. I am also waiting on an Speedy 57. The previous model with the blue face red hands. That will probably compensate.
 
Posts
694
Likes
839
The '57 and the Moonwatch will make a great pair. From a distance, the Speedmaster Racing looks like a MoonSwatch.
 
Posts
14
Likes
21
The '57 and the Moonwatch will make a great pair. From a distance, the Speedmaster Racing looks like a MoonSwatch.
Yea I do agree. Will be a nice duo as they are very different to look at.
 
Posts
376
Likes
1,204
Both watches are very good looking but 100% you did not get wrong with the 3861. Now just save the money for the next one 😀
 
Posts
1,084
Likes
6,011
I thought the whole idea was to collect as many of them as we could ?
 
Posts
119
Likes
241
Having spending time deciding which speedmaster to purchase,i finally deciding to go for the FOIS. Then the 60th anniversary was announced so put my name down for that instead.thinking this would be my only watch! Roll on four years and noticed my local AD selling heavily discounted 1861 moonwatch.so that’s two speedmasters.but still love the FOIS. First love syndrome perhaps?
 
Posts
1,089
Likes
6,544
Having spending time deciding which speedmaster to purchase,i finally deciding to go for the FOIS. Then the 60th anniversary was announced so put my name down for that instead.thinking this would be my only watch! Roll on four years and noticed my local AD selling heavily discounted 1861 moonwatch.so that’s two speedmasters.but still love the FOIS. First love syndrome perhaps?
Where are you finding heavily discounted 1861s?
 
Posts
35
Likes
22
Having spending time deciding which speedmaster to purchase,i finally deciding to go for the FOIS. Then the 60th anniversary was announced so put my name down for that instead.thinking this would be my only watch! Roll on four years and noticed my local AD selling heavily discounted 1861 moonwatch.so that’s two speedmasters.but still love the FOIS. First love syndrome perhaps?
Remarkably, the 60th anniversary edition Speedy doesn’t get the love it deserves. Great watch, wonderful proportions, colours and finer details. Especially if you change out the thick bracelet for something else!
 
Posts
14
Likes
21
The '57 and the Moonwatch will make a great pair. From a distance, the Speedmaster Racing looks like a MoonSwatch.
Yea… now that you mention the Moonswatch similarity 😲
 
Posts
3,259
Likes
23,343
I love my 3861 Moonwatch. Never considered any other option because the OG was always the one to have for me. But now, after the fact, I do find myself eyeballing that ‘57 Speedmaster wondering if maybe I should have considered all the options first. I never thought to own two Speedmasters, but ya never know…
 
Posts
14
Likes
21
I love my 3861 Moonwatch. Never considered any other option because the OG was always the one to have for me. But now, after the fact, I do find myself eyeballing that ‘57 Speedmaster wondering if maybe I should have considered all the options first. I never thought to own two Speedmasters, but ya never know…
Yea the 57, mine should be here this week. It’s so different to the Moonwatch visually that you have an entirely different look going on. I have an Oris 65 Divers Chrono as well. A really nice Triple Treat.