Forums Latest Members
  1. kelsey Jun 8, 2020

My 50th moonshine speedy is the perfect watch imo however it’s getting almost no use because of the band.
    Apart from being a already very uncomfortable band for me, it’s got no on the fly adjustments :(

My wrist changes from day to day, and during the day so much of the time it becomes unwearable :(

Any solution to an only the fly adjustment? Difficult as it’s moonshine gold making nothing available to convert :(

2. Caliber561 Jun 8, 2020

If I were you, I'd order a strap from Jean Rousseau, a company that is the supplier for many of Omega's straps. No doubt you'd be able to get a strap suitable for the moonshine speedy.

kelsey likes this.
  3. kelsey Jun 8, 2020

Thanks for your post however I can find 101 straps, I have many for my other speedies, but it’s silly to get a solid gold bracelet for a watch and have that solid gold band unusable :) especially on the moonshine gold 50th.

Apologies for not making it clear I’m more after a way to make my moonshine band useable.

Blackdog likes this.
  4. Caliber561 Jun 8, 2020

My bad, sorry I didn't understand what you were getting at. I think you really only have two options. You could order a replacement clasp and have a jeweler add additional micro-adjustment holes, or have a jeweler make a clasp with an on-the-fly adjustment capability (Note that the hue of gold will not exactly match the moonshine though). Neither option would be cheap or ideal, but I guess such is the case when working with gold.

kelsey likes this.
  5. kelsey Jun 8, 2020

Yes that’s more so far what I am looking at. I do have a lot of spare moonshine gold links (small wrist) as a moonshine gold source, finding someone who could make it may take a search.

Also some jeweller should be able to alloy something close. I do know a few that make new works out of scrap gold.

Caliber561 likes this.