Forums Latest Members
  1. happytapy Sep 8, 2015

Hi everyone. I just picked up the Moon Watch Only book for my birthday. My wife knows what makes me tick and I am very pleased with this outstanding resource.

Question though, as this book got me thinking. Is there a book out there that details the SMP 2 to 5 including the Flight and Space Masters only?

Being new to Omega, just wondering if there was a comparable book on these watches in a similar vein to MWO. I have considered the Masters of Omega, but it includes the original bodied SMP as well.

Any ideas?

2. Mothra Sep 9, 2015

Theres nothing like 'SMP only'. I'm assuming you know about AJTT?

happytapy likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 9, 2015

There are others that are broader but none are in any way close to MWO in terms of depth and detail, the others fall rather flat by comparison.

happytapy likes this.
  4. happytapy Sep 9, 2015

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the replies. No, I am not aware of AJTT. Help me out here, I am not that good with acronyms. What is it?

You are right about the level of detail for MWO, Wow. Its so comprehensive. I can't stop picking it up every 5 minutes and turning the page. Note to self; Must put down book and do some work.

Cheers.

Mothra likes this.
  5. italy1861 Sep 9, 2015

AJTT= Omega: A Journey Through Time

happytapy likes this.
  6. happytapy Sep 9, 2015

Ahh. Thank you one and all. LATT. 'Learning All The Time. [emoji2]

7. Mothra Sep 9, 2015

happytapy likes this.
  8. wwhntr Sep 9, 2015

If you are a member of NAWCC (National Assoc of Watch and Clock Collectors) they have a free lending library. Only cost is shipping. Do not know if they ship books outside USA.

I previewed AJTT for nearly a month this way and determined it was not for me, thus saving me approx. $450!

MWO is amazing in the amount of detail the authors put into this labor of love! At first the way it was organized did not appeal to me, but I am getting used to flipping from one section to another to find/learn details about different models/variations. I am not being critical because I do not know if there would be a better way to organize all of the information. I guess part of it was the fact that it was a little overwhelming. A lot to take in and definitely a resource I will return to again and again!