Forums Latest Members

Moon Walker Autographed EVA Photos

1. darty Jan 9, 2017

2. TLIGuy Jan 9, 2017

Very nice collection and well done. The autographs of all 12 Moon walkers is quite an accomplishment.

3. WurstEver Jan 9, 2017

What an incredible collection. Congrats! Looks like Alan Bean's Speedy is front-and-centre in his photo :thumbsup: What I wouldn't give to shake the hand of just one of the moon walkers ...

4. repoman Jan 9, 2017

Taking your statement literally, you need to act fast, the remaining moon walkers are all in their eighties. The opportunities come up all the time. These men are tireless in their pursuit of getting people interested in manned space exploration. They show up at space events on a regular basis. I attended two events last year - one at the San Diego Air and Space Museum where i got to meet Charlie Duke and Buzz Aldrin (along with several other astronauts), and at the Kennedy Space Center which included an astronaut signing event.

In other words, use your google-fu, find an event and just be there!!!... and do it soon.

5. TLIGuy Jan 9, 2017

All you need to know about who will be where and when they will be there.

http://www.collectspace.com/sightings/

WurstEver likes this.
  6. WurstEver Jan 9, 2017

Yep, you're right, I should just bite the bullet, invest some time and money, and get it done. The fact that I live in the southern hemisphere adds to the cost and degree-of-difficulty, but it's not insurmountable.

Hey, thanks! That looks like a great resource. I have also been kicking around the idea of completing the collection of STS135 crew autographs on my launch-day ticket, so that page will be a big help.

7. TJH Jan 9, 2017

What a lovely collection to have. It must have been very satisfying to get the last one to make the full set!

8. cvrle1 Jan 9, 2017

I guess I was the only one who thought of this when I saw the thread title

[​IMG]

Great collection OP :)

9. marturx Jan 9, 2017

Remarkable!

10. darty Jan 10, 2017

I know MJ pops up in every Moon walker Google search.

11. kkt Jan 10, 2017

Fine collection of photos, @darty!
    I have signed books from Shepard, Lovell, and Duke (and Kranz), but I don't expect I'll ever complete the collection. Kranz's book is worth reading for a long-term history of the manned space program, much longer than the typical astronaut's career.

12. darty Jan 11, 2017

I know that Eugene Kranz and Gunter Wendt who worked in the white room for just about every launch must have incredible stories to tell. Gunter wrote a book before he died an autobiography "The unbroken chain" which I have yet to read. I also need to read Kranz's book. Thanks for the heads up.

13. darty Jan 11, 2017

I'm kind of pissed that I missed out on this document at an auction but the price was just too high. It would have been a wonderful addition to my Apollo collection.

mlt-embl.jpg