Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1960’s Monvis Ocean Chief Style Diver w/Concave Bezel - 38mm

1. bristnj Aug 10, 2018

For sale is a rare & very cool 1960's Monvis Ocean Chief Style Diver with Concave Bezel. Outside of a Gruen Ocean Chief at over $5K or Rado Captain Cook at over $3K is near impossible to find vintage divers with this style of bezel.

The case measure 38mm at the edges of the bezel. The AS1712/13 ( /13 with date) movement has been recently fully serviced and is running great and keeping good time. The dial & hands were re-lumed by master James Hyman. The shape of the indexes is gorgeous and overall the piece looks stunning.

The noticeable issues that I would point out is some minor marks/patina on the dial as seen in the pictures. They do not detract from the attractiveness of the piece, but of course I want to point out so you don't miss. There is no flaking, and the dial is stable. Also, there is some slight brassing of the case, mostly around the screw-down back. Note, I have priced the piece accordingly based on these.

It comes fitted with a vintage divers Tropic branded strap as seen in the pictures.

Asking $950 plus shipping. Payment via PayPal or Bank-wire. Shipping via UPS/FedEx/USPS with Tracking and ParcelPro or USPS Insurance coverage. As with my others, selling to fund a desired purchase.

Prefer a sale in the CONUS or Canada, but will consider international sale based on the reputation of the buyer.

I have tried to capture everything described in pictures, but please message me with questions or interest.

Thanks - Jeff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Aug 15, 2018
  2. bristnj Aug 11, 2018

Saturday morning coffee bump.

3. bristnj Aug 14, 2018

Tuesday morning shopper bump.

4. bristnj Aug 18, 2018

Weekend Special: $950 OBO plus shipping and will include vintage BoR!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Aug 18, 2018
    Brianstoops likes this.
  5. bristnj Aug 21, 2018

How about $895 with BoR and Tropic, plus shipping. Thanks! Jeff

6. bristnj Aug 24, 2018

Bump - Reasonable Offers Entertained. Feel free to message me.

7. bristnj Aug 25, 2018

Final Reduction. Message me with interest.

$725 + shipping for the watch head and Tropic branded strap:
    [​IMG]

$825 + shipping for the watch head with Beads of Rice Bracelet:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks - Jeff

8. bristnj Sep 2, 2018

Bump - $775 plus shipping. Both Tropic and Beads of Rice Bracelet included. Thanks! Jeff