Forums Latest Members

Montblanc Nicolas Rieussec - an affordable step into higher end?

1. Dimitar Adamski Nov 18, 2023

Hi there,

I know it could be a long shot or I can be mocked a bit about this,however when you have the twin barrel 72 hr power reserve ,monopusher chrono with true GMT function and with a column wheel and a vertical clutch, day and night indicator and a date function and all of these adjusted to 5 positions with such a great level to the detail,even beyond the price point and add the in-house tag, but lack of the premium brand from the holy trinity or another Swiss made brand...then you narrow down to Montblanc. Long story short - I am waiting for my arrive somewhen next week.

Photos from the seller :

I must say I am excited.
    I will keep you posted.

Cheers.

received_362913246201804.jpeg received_2503190666520405.jpeg
    Walrus, DrmexicoII, MDubs and 4 others like this.
  2. Jonathan40 Nov 18, 2023

Drift in and out with these but they are beautiful and provide a big bang for the buck.
    I’ve seen a few variations I quite fancy but have had a deposit down on a Bel Canto and await a hopefully January 24 delivery.
    Great choice and enjoy when it arrives.

Dimitar Adamski likes this.
  3. Evitzee Nov 18, 2023

Montblanc has made some interesting watches at the higher grade level but they tend to be overlooked because the primary company's business isn't watches. Bulgari is another firm making some really high quality watches but many can't get over the name on the dial. There are others, but these brands often offer a stellar price:quality ratio and are always worth a look, especially on the secondary market.

Enjoy your watch and report back when you have had time to play with it.

4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 18, 2023

Ever since I got into watches, I’ve wanted one of these. I love the pens and own three. Unfortunately my first foray into Automatic watches was a MB Time Walker GMT. Still own it, never wear it and it was always out for service (and the factory service experience was LOUSY). After that I never gave MB another thought. That said, the watches coming out of Minerva are definitely worth a look. I’d say the NR is still a safe bet. It’s a fantastic design.

George.A and Dimitar Adamski like this.
  5. Dimitar Adamski Nov 19, 2023

Well the service/repairs are one of my concerns. Thank you for that input ;)

6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 19, 2023

I’m leery from the experience and wary of sending my modern JLC’s into the Richemont system for service. Its gotta happen soon though. Perhaps things are better than 10 years ago. Then again, from what I read, factory service from Swatch Group ain’t all that great either. I’ll use a local AD which is what i should have done back then. Instead, I let the Chicago MB boutique manage it at first. Then I went to an AD, who read MB Service the riot act and got the work done right.

7. Dimitar Adamski Nov 19, 2023

I hope I have pleasant experience. Whenever needed. If needed at all. ;)

Walrus likes this.
  8. timjohn Nov 19, 2023

Lot of bang for your buck and a well-designed and interesting layout.

Not a particular criticism of this watch -- there are many other sinners -- but too much writing on the dial. Do MB think you need reminding five times a day that you're wearing a chronograph, or tell your friends that you don't have to wind it every morning? I've got a similar problem with the small essay on the lower half of Submariner dials, "Inventit et Fecit" on FP Journe, and every chrono with "minutes" and "hours" below the subdials....

Rant over. Enjoy

th0m likes this.
  9. gilb12 Feb 21, 2024

I own this lovely watch but time to time activating the Chronograph it stops the Watch. Deactivating the Chronograph the watch restart without problems.This happens when the power reserve is close to the end.Could be the Chronograph Need more Power reserve so it stops the watch? Have Some owner this problem too?
    Thank you!