Forums Latest Members
  1. vadimo Feb 15, 2016

Hi all

I am learning new brands pretty much from here and one recently I looked at was mont blanc who as I understand purchased minerva some time ago.

Once I had a look on their website I was amazed how good their watches look, I pretty much liked ever single one of them, their dress watches I thought looked stunning and intrigue and fair priced.

What it general perception of this brand? Reliability and keeping value?

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 15, 2016

Jerome Lambert, who is currently the CEO of the brand, came from Jaeger-LeCoultre and brought a lot of ideas with him.

He's done a very nice job of positioning the brand away from simple three-handed watches and into the world of haute-horology.

The question is whether they can keep it up over the long term.
    gatorcpa

Perseus likes this.
  3. vadimo Feb 15, 2016

Ok so its early stage for this brand

4. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Feb 15, 2016

They have been showing some pretty watches lately , I have almost pick up their nicolas rieussec chrono

5. kepa Feb 17, 2016

As a newbie, from reading forums and some watch blog sites, I get the feeling they are very much up and coming. I like that their designs are classic, but the watches feel contemporary/modern. I really like their Heritage Chronometrie Ultra Slim, and with usual AD discount, think it is superbly priced.

6. vadimo Feb 17, 2016

Strange feeling of not really been a fan of dress watches as i dont see it fit me and yet wanting one now.

i think i will be keeping a very close watch on this company and someday maybe even buy one but not for some time as i i already spent money on seamaster...

I wonder if they will increase their prices as they win more votes and interest.

God review: http://www.ablogtowatch.com/montblanc-heritage-chronometrie-ultra-slim-hands/

7. vadimo Feb 20, 2016

I went to their store in London and tried few watches, very nice. Staff were very friendly and really gave an impression of good customer service, their manager talked about looking after customer, customising straps, free initial service and advised best time in the financial year to come to store to get good deal in credit.

2 year warranty as standard too.

I came away wanting to buy their watch even more, very friendly staff.

Interesting to note they don't sell through ADs as I asked. All sales and service handled directly.

8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 27, 2016

I own a Timewalker GMT .... ETA movement. Bought it before I knew anything about watches. I still wear it even though my collection has grown. I don't think I'd buy another.

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Feb 27, 2016

Several years ago, they are one of worst resale value watch. Hope now getting better. They offer interesting line model lately. I like their worldtimer

NT931 likes this.
  10. vadimo Feb 28, 2016

cool. You got picture?

11. NT931 Feb 28, 2016

Yes, Jerome Lambert has done quite a good job revitalizing the brand

12. Perseus Mar 10, 2016

I think Mont Blanc is doing some really cool things. I'm excited to see what they come out with next.

13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 10, 2016

The Minerva Atelier is producing some really nice work. Just very Very expensive.

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 10, 2016

The 1858 le chrono is pretty, but the price is just to high for a Mont Blanc, some of the detailing seems cost cutting to me.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/montblanc-1858-chronograph-tachymeter-limited-edition-watch/

32k USD...

No brushing all polished case, dial seems way to flat, at least pop the numbers a bit more like the Tiffany ct60... The pusher crown is sexy though. You can argue the flat dial and all polished case is a vintage nod, but it would you could have put some depth on that dial and stayed period correct.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/montblanc-heritage-chronometrie-automatic-watch-review/2/
    2.3k USD for this one, which makes way more sense, and seems like a decent deal to me.

Edited Mar 10, 2016
  15. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 10, 2016

Agree. Into big 3 pricing. JLC offers more pedigree and value.