Forums Latest Members

Mogadishu Daallo Airlines passenger jet bomb on board.

1. Canuck Feb 4, 2016

This, in today's news! Unfortunately, one fatality. Fortunately, only one fatality. It appears that airport security is not uniform world wide.

2. lillatroll Feb 5, 2016

Here in Kuwait when you go through security the alarms go off constantly but you just get waved on. The policemen watching the monitors are more often than not playing on their phones rather than looking for suspicious items.

Atalien2005 likes this.
  3. Skrotis Feb 5, 2016

i only visited Sudan once 10 years ago and airport security was more interested to find alcohol then enything else

4. Pvt-Public Feb 5, 2016

What gets me is the news reporting this as an "alleged" bomb. Even without the explosive residue, just the way the metal skin "bannana'd" out says to me it was not an "alleged" explosion but an actual explosion. Had this been a structural failure the metal would have mostly ripped in one direction following the air flow over the fuselage. Every thing has gotten just too PC. even when some one is caught on tape committing a crime, or even confesses, they are still only the alleged suspect. No they are not, if you get caught on tape, video, or confess, you are not the alleged, you are the perp. Sorry for the rant, I just can't stand he PC anymore !

ahartfie and bluefireblade like this.
  5. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner Feb 5, 2016

that was close - see pic below!

[​IMG]

6. Ericoh Feb 5, 2016

The odd thing. It seems like the person that got sucked out was the bomber.

Barking mad likes this.
  7. Pvt-Public Feb 5, 2016

Suicide bomber odd? Not really. He knew he was dead as soon as he boarded that plane. The only thing odd is, he only managed to kill himself. So far no group has claimed responsibility, probably because it was a failure. The plane did not crash. No big death toll, and the only fatality was presumably the bomber.

Edited Feb 5, 2016
  8. alam Feb 5, 2016

A relative....:p

image.jpeg
    ulackfocus, Stewart H and Ericoh like this.
  9. Ericoh Feb 5, 2016

Yup. Thats what i ment. Odd he only killed himself. Could say its career risk? :D

10. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Feb 5, 2016

Ah, old Achmed, haven't seen him for a few years.

11. Pvt-Public Feb 5, 2016

More like a plain old "dead end job" ! ::facepalm1::

ulackfocus, Ericoh and blufinz52 like this.
  12. Canuck Feb 5, 2016

Looks as the the fleeting glimpse I had of the airline name led to my error in the caption. Thanks to the moderators for correcting me.

13. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Feb 5, 2016

In the US, everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. It's a constitutional thing. Saying 'alleged' suspect is not being PC. Personally, I don't care what they call these people as long as they call them guilty at the end of a fair trial.

gatorcpa and mozartman like this.
  14. Pvt-Public Feb 5, 2016

While this is true. If you are actually "caught in the act" whether it be by a person or a camera, in my little bitty mind all presumption of innocence is out the window.

15. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Feb 5, 2016

We just think differently on this. That's cool :thumbsup:

mozartman and Pvt-Public like this.
  16. nightowl Feb 5, 2016

And now you're on an NSA list :eek:

lillatroll likes this.
  17. mozartman ♫♭♬ ♪ Feb 5, 2016

In the US, you can fly with three ounce containers of shampoo or sunscreen, but not four or five. Of course, out on the road, you can rent a SUV, fill it with assault rifles and ammo, and travel most places without breaking the law.

18. ulackfocus Feb 5, 2016

If you're gonna go skydiving, don't forget your parachute.

19. E MAN Feb 5, 2016

I have to laugh, the TSA guys confiscate your potentially hazardous liquids because the bottle is more than 3oz. and then they throw it in a can with all of the other "hazardous" liquids they've confiscated!

My wife said this to me the other day but I don't know if she heard it from a comedian or she came up with it, but its pretty funny.

20. E MAN Feb 5, 2016

ah, hogwash. It is absolutely being PC. US news outfits are all politically motivated. None of them deliver the news, they express the news as they see it fitting in to their political agenda. Anything but local news is almost unwatchable because is more than likely skewed. BTW, I'm from the east coast in America.