Forums Latest Members

Modified Planet Ocean 2201.50 Service Question

1. yande Jul 15, 2019

My modified PO 2501.50 is due for a service.
    Original owner had an OB swap out the Black Bezel for the Orange Bezel. I still have the original Black Bezel.

The Orange Bezel, like the second hand tip has faded. Obviously they will replace the second hand. Do you think they will replace the Orange Bezel, and if they do, will they replace the insert, or the whole bezel? If they did replace the Bezel, either or, would they restore the watch back to its original condition, that is, with a black bezel?
    I prefer the Orange bezel, though would prefer to only pay for an insert, of which I want an Omega insert, not some generic one.
    Anyone have experience with modified watches and Omega servicing? I'm hoping I can instruct them as to what I want. Am I kidding myself?

Before and after Photos.

IMG_3928.JPG

Omega Planet Ocean 2201.50.jpg

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 15, 2019

I doubt you’d have an issue. Why replace the bezel at all? You can talk with a boutique first about it before you send it in.

rjohnson56 likes this.
  3. rjohnson56 Jul 15, 2019

I agree. Speak with the service centre. However, my impression of Omega is that they are not averse to an owner changing parts that are not original for the serial number; unlike another well known brand.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 15, 2019

There are no inserts that are sold separately, so if it gets replaced it will be the entire bezel.

Omega generally doesn't condone swapping parts between models - they only allow this if you are converting completely from one model to another. But individual service centers tend to be more or less diligent with these things, so it's possible they may put an orange bezel back on, but I wouldn't count on it.

yande and rjohnson56 like this.