Forums Latest Members
  1. watchos Jun 8, 2017

The Omega Velcro strap that comes with the Speedmaster Pro is very cool but pretty uncomfortable to use due to its length, specially for someone like me wi a small wrist. A couple of months ago I bought an extra one on eBay. I finally went ahead and cut it using the https://www.seb12100030.com/ short strap as a reference. I also go myself one of those. Although it feels way more authentic than the Omega version, its green. Now I have a black and a green version of the strap.

Here are some pics to compare and show the results. The original Omega strap wraps around the metallic buckle with square sticking while the SEB one has an extra layer of green canvas on top it with a square and x stiching similar to the original NASA version. For this project I choose to use a little bit of the extra Velcro I cut of to wrap and sticched it similar to the SEB as opposed to the original Omega.

Let me know what you think.

IMG_3750.JPG IMG_3752.JPG IMG_3753.JPG IMG_3756.JPG
    ras47 and M'Bob like this.
  2. ras47 Jun 12, 2017

Ooh, I'm really liking this! I've been whinging about the bulk a traditional NATO strap adds at the outer edges of the lugs, and this may be exactly the kind of strap for which I'm looking.

My only issue is the width. My Co-Axial 9300 Speedmaster is 21mm between the lugs.

3. watchos Jun 12, 2017

Same here. I love NATO straps but they do add too much hulk. I've ordered some Zulu traps in hope of getting something less bulky. For now I'll be using just the Velcro ones mentioned above.