Forums Latest Members

Modern two tone or solid gold Omegas

1. PatrickJ Dec 10, 2015

Are two tone or all gold Omegas now solid gold all the way through? For example, the cross section of a link is it solid gold all the way or does it have a very thick covering of gold only? Earlier this year an OP showed us his modern two tone Omega it must of been around five years old, sorry can't remember the name of the thread to show you pictures. He took some links off the bracelet and it was not solid gold all the way through. Wonder if this is the case with the current range?

2. billyblue Dec 10, 2015

Not long agou there has been a thread around here...seems that now it is solid gold, if I remember correctly.

3. billyblue Dec 10, 2015

Search for "New member with seamaster 300" as thread title.

PatrickJ likes this.
  4. PatrickJ Dec 10, 2015

Thanks

5. Niklas Thinks snap ring pliers are for opening casebacks Dec 10, 2015

Hi I shortened mine titanium tantalum gold brace a few weeks ago and the tantalum part that are sandwiched between the gold is not solid gold, I have seen somewhere here that they called it to be "capped" the layer of gold is pretty thick close to 1mm.
    The ends of the brace that is fitted to the watch case have solid gold parts.
    But this watch is over 20 years and I believe that the band is original ever since the watch was new, but I can't be for sure if it have been replaced during the years but after all it's still in a great condition.

PatrickJ likes this.
  6. PatrickJ Dec 10, 2015

Fantastic watch Sir for 20 years young.