Forums Latest Members

Modern Omega style turnover and stock

1. inspektorKemp Apr 9, 2019

Hey everyone, I've made the decision to start saving money each month in order to afford my first, brand new Omega watch. I've been researching different models and have really grown to love the Aqua Terra slate dial with blue rubber strap. After reviewing my savings plan, it may take a few years before I can afford a watch like this. Therefore, I'm a little concerned that the watch would still be readily available in two year's time.

My question then is how easy or difficult would it be to find a current release in two or three years time? I recognize that it will depend on the specific watch, overall demand, and number of watches in that design produced. I'm sure I can always buy one used if it cannot be found brand new, but buying one brand new is something of a goal of mine, even if it may not be the cheapest route.

I know there is no straightforward answer, but I haven't been researching watches or following trends for multiple years, so I figure this group would have an idea on turnover of watch trends.

Thanks for your help, and here's to several long years of saving!

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 9, 2019

Worst case it Should be fairly easy if your ok with a pre owned watch in excellent condition.

Watches are around a 5 year cycle recently.

inspektorKemp and time flies like this.
  3. starcraft Apr 9, 2019

for omega, very easy. they make so many units... however, when buying things second hand, it is better to choose your model and not be so picky about the colours.

4. hbombkid Apr 9, 2019

Does it have to be brand new? Lots of trusted sellers with mint condition watches maybe a year or 2 old so 3 years on the warranty and much cheaper.

I know new speaks to people including myself but after buying a couple and selling a couple I will always buy preowned and save a ton.

inspektorKemp and Foo2rama like this.
  5. 77deluxe Apr 9, 2019

You shouldn’t have any problem finding one.

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. inspektorKemp Apr 9, 2019

I don't think it has to be brand new. I think what I'm trying to get is a "mint" condition watch. I've seen a few on the Watches for Sale pages on this forum and they are certainly more affordable and would still check that "new" box.

Foo2rama likes this.