Forums Latest Members

Modern Omega Rally Strap 98000024 - Anyone got/tried one?

1. tyrantlizardrex Sep 12, 2016

2. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Sep 12, 2016

I think Rally straps suit Speedies very well and I have my 3570.50 on a Di-Modell RALLYE. Long term quality may possibly not be as good as the Omega, but there's quite a lot of difference in price. I'm lucky enough to have just acquired a 3570.40 and I've put a Hirsch ROBBY Sailcloth Effect Performance Watch Strap in BLACK / ORANGE on it - the orange picks up with the detail on the Racing dial very nicely. I'm thinking the same thing would apply on the Tintin with the same Hirsch ROBBY with red stitching/backing - https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/co...ap-in-black-red-09120940504?variant=669972017

3. alam Sep 12, 2016

image.jpeg
    ahartfie and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex Sep 12, 2016

What's the deployant mechanism like to live with? Much like the clasp? :D

5. alam Sep 12, 2016

from what I have read, not as painful as living with clap! :p

6. tyrantlizardrex Sep 12, 2016

:D

7. yinzerniner Sep 12, 2016

The Rally strap uses the same single-fold deploy clasps as other Omega straps. I and many others find it to be the most comfortable, consistent and secure mechanism on the market right now. A few others have found it uncomfortable, so it's really up the wearer.
    There are only a few real issues with the Omega. The sizing isn't as precise as the Tag or Breitling methods since you're dependent on holes to secure the strap, but that can be alleviated as long as you're ok with creating another hole using a drill, awl or punch. And the straps vary in fitting depending on material, so straps with exact same flat measurements will either fit larger or smaller on the wrist.
    But to answer you initial question if you like the look the Rally strap is pretty fantastic - comfy, secure and sharp. Should look fantastic on the Tin Tin.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  8. tyrantlizardrex Sep 12, 2016

Great insights.

They off it in an "L" as well, so I'd grab that variant to get a little more flexibility on the adjustment.

Other option is an "X-33" Kevlar strap in black... think it would look cool, but the fit isn't as comfy as the existing Speedmaster bracelet that's on there...

9. Syed117 Sep 12, 2016

I would absolutely love one of those in brown for my 57.

Sadly, I don't think it exists.

10. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 12, 2016

My tintin is on an Omega leather strap w/ deployant. I personally think the deployant is very nice, and as a result of using it for half a year I no longer like using buckles. It is a shame they are so dang expensive, but in the long term it is a minor cost in this hobby.

11. yinzerniner Sep 12, 2016

Unless you have a very large wrist, say bigger than 7.75", then I'd get the regular non-"L" version. The reason why is if you have too much "extra" on the strap it will sit underneath the bottom-most part of the clasp at the hinge point, creating a pressure point. The straps are designed so that "extra" on the strap sits between the bottom of the clasp and your wrist, but ending before the lowest part of the clasp/hinge point.
    So, pressure point example (not my pic):
    [​IMG]

Normal example (not my pic):
    [​IMG]
    That being said the Rally strap fits in the middle of the sizing spectrum - when I had one with my 7.25-7.375" wrist I was right in the center hole.

I never had the X-33 strap but I can't imagine it being any more comfy than the Rally or the new Cordura straps, and I think the Cordura actually looks better than the kevlar weave. It'll probably be more comfy than the bracelet though, as I find the modern Speedy bracelets too heavy and cumbersome for everyday wear.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  12. tyrantlizardrex Sep 12, 2016

Really stiff straps, but very comfortable... and at £125 including the buckle, a little easier on the wallet...

IMG_8959.jpg

ahartfie likes this.
  13. alam Sep 12, 2016

Excellent point by @yinzerniner wrt "long" version, here's a shot on how the non-L sits on my ~7.25" wrist.

image.jpeg
  14. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Sep 12, 2016

I found it to be "ok". Didn't like the extra gap between the strap and the case, but perhaps your tolerance is different. I don't use it as all (hint).

Tom