Forums Latest Members

Modern Louis Brandt ltd.ed wrist watches?

1. Canuck Feb 25, 2016

Twenty five years ago or so, Omega issued a series of limited edition Louis Brandt wrist watches based on Omega watches of the day. IIRC, these were all chronographs with moon phase, automatic winders, in 18-karat cases, with high quality straps, or 18-karat bracelets. I never see them posted on this MB. Was the series short lived, very limited, or are there a few around, but there is no interest in them?

2. Canuck Feb 25, 2016

image.jpeg image.jpeg In case this post is construed as a figment of my imagination, here is proof these watches DO exist! From a 1991 consumer brochure, three different models. An automatic chronometer with date, ref. 5311.30, an automatic chronograph, ref. 5331.30, and an automatic chronograph with moon phase and perpetual calendar, ref. 5341.30. Surely I am not among the few that knew these watches exist!

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2016

4. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Feb 25, 2016

I remember a mention of the Louis Brandt collection in the below video. The collector notes production started for these around 1984 and that he has only ever managed to find one of them. Cool video. Mention of the above is from 02:32 in the video...

5. Canuck Feb 25, 2016

The consumer brochure that I have, was available in stores when the line was current. It makes no mention of how many of each model were produced, but I would say the chronograph with the perpetual calendar would have been a very rare bird indeed. I don't know when the newer models of automatic chronograph movements (7750?) were introduced, but I do know the "reduced" version of these automatic chronographs was around in the late 1980s. If this limited edition Brandt line was introduced as early as 1984, I wonder if they too were using these "reduced" versions of these movements.

6. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Feb 25, 2016

7. Canuck Feb 25, 2016

It would appear that Omega has sort of lost interest in marketing the Brandt name. Or rather, the Brandt name has become a nonstarter with the watch buying public. Being more of a lover of antique and vintage pieces than modern pieces, and being my favourite antique pocket watch is a Brandt, I guess I have one foot in the past! Thanks for all your responses.

Interestingly, the 1991 Brandt catalog lists the rotor as being 21 karat (.875). And the later versions of these watches appear to me to be somewhat plain by comparison to the earlier ones.

8. Wjux Nov 12, 2020

I found only the movement and dial and crown of the one in the middle (1158) :D so beautiful ,amazing details , insane