Forums Latest Members
  1. Steve1haggart Aug 12, 2017

Good afternoon OF.
    I've been looking for an everyday wear with out success until now doing a bit of digging around the price for this watch varies in price considerably does any member own one and if some what is a good price to pay ? I've been offered one similar to the photo For a price of £1500 comes complete with papers & box .
    Many thanks in advance

FullSizeRender.jpg
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 12, 2017

That is the 1938 pilots watch re edition from the Museam collection. Not huge sellers from about 15 years ago I think. Not huge demand and new in box seems to be around 3450-4000 US. With good condition used in the same ball park.

Those are asking prices and not sales prices. If you like the watch the price offered is lower then any asking I've seen. As these are fairly unloved they rarely actually sell, so it's hard to say what a good price is. You can check previous sales on eBay for an idea of actual sales prices. A quick scan shows many not sold at 3,500 us on eBay.

I believe they are 40mm in size, reference number is 5700.50.07 they made just under 5,000 total.

Steve1haggart and Shailor like this.
  3. Steve1haggart Aug 12, 2017

From my research the watch was in circulation from around 2001. I though the seller was selling it on the cheap side due the the crown having been snapped off , he then went on to say that it was repaired when he got it serviced in 2012. For an everyday wear it's worth a punt at £1500 .

4. Shailor Aug 12, 2017

When I first saw this photo I was not real crazy about it. But doing some research and seeing a video presentation with it being worn, it is really cool!