Forums Latest Members

Modern Certina dive watches

1. Spy You know my name. May 27, 2016

I am trying to convince my wife to buy me a new watch for our 10 year anniversary. She refused to get me a Crepas, so I have been searching for something else. What is the consensus on automatic Certina watches and in particular, their dive watches?

Thanks.

2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member May 27, 2016

The consensus in my household is that vintage Certina are preferable, though admittedly it was a small sample. :rolleyes:

3. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction May 27, 2016

Just had a look, and speaking purely from my own tastes, there is nothing in the Certina divers range that stands out in terms of style or specs. I also looked at some of the Crepas watches and it seems virtually impossible to find a new one, but at least they have some interesting/eyecatching styles.

For the money, of somewhere between $600 - $1000, there is a lot of choice. Can I be suggest looking at a high-end Seiko, Orient or Citizen diver perhaps? Or perhaps something more "boutique" such as Squale.

This http://gearpatrol.com/2013/06/25/7-best-affordable-dive-watches/ might be worth looking at for some ideas.

Good luck with the search - there is a lot of choice out there :D

4. ulackfocus May 27, 2016

Hey James, can you find an Aquadive in that range? Some of them are pretty cool.

As long as the Certina has the turtle on the back I'm on board with the decision. I like turtles.

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 27, 2016

How modern do you want.

Nothing wrong with Certina DS watches. Robust watches at a good price point.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

RawArcher and Foo2rama like this.