Forums Latest Members
  1. angelinc Dec 7, 2018

I've just rummaged through a few tokens my dad left me when he passed over 20 years ago. I've got a few vintage gold watches – an Omega, a Longines and another custom I believe to be an American made RGM. I will be gifting them to my son, if I can afford servicing them, and would like to include a basic description (year and model#) but have been unable to find any details on any of them while scouring the net. Any assistance is appreciated.

Unfortunately, the cost of Archive Extracts from both Omega and Longines are beyond my means. Pics of the square cased, round dialed, #D6674617819 & 14k gold engraved Omega are attached (please excuse, the pix are of low quality). Sincere Thanks for your input & GREAT holidays to all... Omega.jpg Omega2.jpg

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 7, 2018

Archive extracts from Longines are free I think.

As you noted, your Omega is an American cased 14 carat gold model sold by the Norman Morris group, I suspect it houses a caliber 620.

Omega Switzerland may not have any meaningful extract, being essentially a US made model, but you never know.

Style is not in vogue and the value is relatively low, probably only a bit over gold value.

Maybe @X350 XJR can provide more info?

Dan S and angelinc like this.
  3. angelinc Dec 7, 2018

Thanks JimIn!
    Darn - I thought I'd be able to give-up the big Social Security bucks :)

jimmyd13 likes this.
  4. jimmyd13 Dec 7, 2018

Post your Longines as well - we have plenty of Longines collectors on here and the interest in the brand is on the rise. Good, in focus, photos showing the dial square on; the inside and outside of the caseback; and, the movement will get you the best replies.

As you've alreay been told, many of these smaller watches are not in fashion and the value of them is down to gold content plus movement. At the end of the day, it all comes down to condition. They are worth getting fixed as you've no intial outlay in the watch itself - it will be worth more than the service cost (assuming no catastrophic issues, as one member pointed out just yesterday in another thread).

Foo2rama, Dan S and angelinc like this.
  5. angelinc Dec 7, 2018

I'll do so - but will first have it serviced and cleaned. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!